Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default USPS Large Envelope under 5 ounces flat out doesn't work anymore

Ever since USPS changed their server it has been a nightmare and I've lost a lot of orders cause people were getting stuck on step 2.

Every time I think it's working, it's not.

Large envelope and International Large envelope do not work at all unless you lower both default heights to half an inch.

However, there is still a major error with USPS.

Large Envelope for regular US mail is only working for 5-8 ounces. Under 5 ounces it come up blank.

For items under 5 ounces, it will only give a price if I use 1st Class Parcel (which inflates the cost, because that is not how the items are being shipped)

In fact the prices it give for 1st Class Parcel are all .50 or more higher than what stamps.com charges.
    Last edited by Kyle Rogers; 23 Sep 2014 at 05:36 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Large Envelope under 5 ounces flat out doesn't work anymore

It appears that no matter what you do, anything under .375 is deemed "nonmachinable" and not eligible for large envelope. However, if it is .38 it works fine.

So for .38 I can get the real price, but for .36 I get an inflated higher price.

The only way to make it work smoothly is to set 0 - .375 as 1st Class parcel and .375 - .8127 as 1st class large envelope.

The price is inflated for for the .375 and under because apparently it is adding $.67 for being "nonmachinable." So I sell flags. The shipping price for two flags is coming up cheaper than one flag now.
    Last edited by Kyle Rogers; 23 Sep 2014 at 05:47 PM.

Plugin Contributions

USPS is aware of the problem with First-Class Large Envelope ...

The do not know when they might have this fixed.

You could try contacting USPS at:
    [email protected]

and complain about the lack of a working First-Class Large Envelope for quotes from USPS and see if enough complaints helps to get something done ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

ok, thanks

Plugin Contributions

USPS sent me a reply with a link to read their response. When I follow the link, I get a bunch of crap and error messages. Freakin gub'mint employees. I wish they had never screwed with it. It used to work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    USPS is aware of the problem with First-Class Large Envelope ...

The do not know when they might have this fixed.

You could try contacting USPS at:
    [email protected]

and complain about the lack of a working First-Class Large Envelope for quotes from USPS and see if enough complaints helps to get something done ...

Plugin Contributions

Could you please PM me the link that they sent you?

I'd like to see if there are issues with the link or what and then I can contact USPS about that problem as well ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I received an email from USPS concerning the issues with quotes over $1000.00 and First-Class Large Envelopes ...

The have stated:
    1. The issue with shipments greater than $1000 has been fixed. Please let us know if you continue to experience issues
    2. The First Class Large Envelope issue is schedule to be fixed this coming weekend: 10/12 - We will confirm once complete
    Hopefully, this will be good news after the 12th ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

When you have a change, can you switch to the USPS Test Server for just a few tests and see if the First-Class Large Envelope is working correctly for you?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Running V1.51

Well, I have updated to version 2014-10-30 and I am not getting any rates for less than .30+/-....unless I set my ship weight to 0, then I get 1st class std rates. If my shipment is .30 +/- or greater, then i do get a rate...why are we still getting a blank for this weight gap?

any ideas or word from USPS?

TIA

Keith

Plugin Contributions

I contacted USPS about the updates that were suppose to happen on November 2, that were to include the fix for:
    First-Class Mail Large Envelope

and, yet again, this fix did not get applied to the Production Server ...

They will be contacting me when they finally have this fix ready to go ...

Perhaps, this next time that they say the fix for the First-Class Mail Large Envelope will be working, will actually mean, it will be working ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast