Plugin Contributions

Default Password Protected Categories Question

Hi!

I have downloaded this plug-in and I'm thrilled to say it's working great! My only question is if there is a way to "turn off" the password protected items from showing up in the "New Products" section of my website? Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks in advance!
    Kris

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Password Protected Categories Question

Quote Originally Posted by KrisTX View Post
    Hi!

I have downloaded this plug-in and I'm thrilled to say it's working great! My only question is if there is a way to "turn off" the password protected items from showing up in the "New Products" section of my website? Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks in advance!
    Kris
    Suggest posting in the associated forum as those following it are more likely to be able to answer the question(s) and those coming behind will be able to see how to implement or get this incorporated.

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...s-Version-v1-1
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Okay, those posts were really old, so didn't know if they were still live, but I have posted it there too, thanks so much!

Plugin Contributions

One more question, which is more general-based! The drop downs on my home page only allow up to 8 items. I have searched all over inside my admin, and apparently I don't know what those should be called, because I can't figure out where can I change that to have a lot more... Can you point me in the right direction please?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by KrisTX View Post
    One more question, which is more general-based! The drop downs on my home page only allow up to 8 items. I have searched all over inside my admin, and apparently I don't know what those should be called, because I can't figure out where can I change that to have a lot more... Can you point me in the right direction please?
    Sorry that I did not see this post until now. Technically that question should be asked in a new thread or possibly at the thread associated with your template. That said, essentially you would want to search for the code that displays those items. Effectively if you look at the source code of the webpage that is presented, look for a tag that is adjacent to the items to be revised, then from within the admin panel if you use the developer's toolkit, you can search for the file that contains that code. More than likely it is contained within or just before a loop of some sort (for loop, while loop, do loop, etc...). As part of that loop there is a limiting factor, either a constant (ALL CAPS), a variable (ie, $im_a_variable) or a number. Either of the first two may require returning to the developers toolkit to search for the corresponding assignment. If a number, then can modify. The question then is to what is it to be modified?

Ideally, one should consider the intent of the limit... If it is merely a value to be provided and there does not appear to be any problem with that list being indefinitely long, then the value more than likely should be assigned based on what is to be presented. Ie, should in some way go through the list of items to be presented and identify the number of items to be presented and make that value the size of the loop. If for example having a long list prevents display of the entire list on the device(s) used to access the site, then something more should be done such as a possible "more" button or sliding display.

Sorry for the indepth review, but suggest looking forwards not just making changes...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much! I have a list of CLUBS that is 14-long now (with only 8 dropping-down) and could possibly need 20-25, so I'm thinking taking the drop-down away altogether and simply making the top item (CLUBS) a button would be best. That way the display on devices and such wouldn't be too small. I will search through the code and see what I can find. Thanks again very much!