Plugin Contributions

Default eStore Now Theme & Ez Pages

I have discovered that my theme eStore Now use a different method in controlling the use of Ez Pages.

1. The header only displays "categories" within the catalog. (ex. I create a new "category" named JACKETS. Set "status" to ON and "sort" using 5 to be the fifth link in the header.)

2. Using Ez Pages do not give the same result. The rule is only applied to the footer. Even though "header" is active and Ez- Pages settings under "Configuration" tab is set to 1.

So my questions are,

• how can I add my own pages to the header in this theme

• -OR- add HTML to the category pages currently being displayed in the header

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: eStore Now Theme & Ez Pages

Quote Originally Posted by Solartist View Post
    I have discovered that my theme eStore Now use a different method in controlling the use of Ez Pages.

1. The header only displays "categories" within the catalog. (ex. I create a new "category" named JACKETS. Set "status" to ON and "sort" using 5 to be the fifth link in the header.)

2. Using Ez Pages do not give the same result. The rule is only applied to the footer. Even though "header" is active and Ez- Pages settings under "Configuration" tab is set to 1.

So my questions are,

• how can I add my own pages to the header in this theme

• -OR- add HTML to the category pages currently being displayed in the header
    One way to determine what is going on is to compare the files of the template to the equivalent files of the template_default. The other is to determine if you have the ez-pages header option turned on from the admin configuration panel. Some templates specifically exclude certain options. The well documented ones will identify what is missing from a default installation or what may not be possible. (Ie., left column only, both columns available, etc...)

The other thing that can be done is to change the template on your development site to the default ZC version and then identify the code (sections) that provide the desired result and duplicate the functionality onto your template. Understand though that the view of the page may get affected by adding content and therefore the template may not look right on various browsers and the CSS may need to be revised to restore the look....

For more direct assistance it would help the community to help you by following the posting guidelines and include something like the web address to say the least to be able to provide more detail.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    One way to determine what is going on is to compare the files of the template to the equivalent files of the template_default. The other is to determine if you have the ez-pages header option turned on from the admin configuration panel. Some templates specifically exclude certain options. The well documented ones will identify what is missing from a default installation or what may not be possible. (Ie., left column only, both columns available, etc...)

The other thing that can be done is to change the template on your development site to the default ZC version and then identify the code (sections) that provide the desired result and duplicate the functionality onto your template. Understand though that the view of the page may get affected by adding content and therefore the template may not look right on various browsers and the CSS may need to be revised to restore the look....

For more direct assistance it would help the community to help you by following the posting guidelines and include something like the web address to say the least to be able to provide more detail.

Thank you for your insight on this issue. I have provided diagrams and active links to the page(s) on the website for review. I hope this gives a clearer description of what I am trying to do. As I stated before, under "configuration", the ez-pages settings for the header IS turned ON.

I would like to add my own pages to the header navigation or be able to add HTML properties to the existing page.

Below are diagrams of BEFORE (current) and AFTER (what I want to accomplish):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot1.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	14548

Name:	screenshot2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	14549

To review the site, click here.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Solartist View Post
    Thank you for your insight on this issue. I have provided diagrams and active links to the page(s) on the website for review. I hope this gives a clearer description of what I am trying to do. As I stated before, under "configuration", the ez-pages settings for the header IS turned ON.

I would like to add my own pages to the header navigation or be able to add HTML properties to the existing page.

Below are diagrams of BEFORE (current) and AFTER (what I want to accomplish):

Name:	screenshot1.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	14548

Name:	screenshot2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	14549

To review the site, click here.
    Just now having an opportunity to follow the links, it appears that the site is functioning as desired... True??? If so what was done to make it work? How would one solve this issue in the future?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Just now having an opportunity to follow the links, it appears that the site is functioning as desired... True??? If so what was done to make it work? How would one solve this issue in the future?
    Thank you for your response. Yes. The site is functioning correctly. I have determined that the issue is with tpl_index_categories.php. After reviewing the file I noticed that the row status was set to "0"

OLD Source Code:

<?php
    // categories_description
    if ($current_categories_description != '' && PRODUCT_LIST_CATEGORY_ROW_STATUS == 0) {
    ?>
    <div id="categoryDescription" class="catDescContent"><?php echo $current_categories_description; ?></div>
    <?php } // categories_description ?>
    <!-- BOF: Display grid of available sub-categories, if any -->
    <?php
    if (PRODUCT_LIST_CATEGORY_ROW_STATUS == 0) {
    // do nothing
    } else {
    // display subcategories
    /**
    * require the code to display the sub-categories-grid, if any exist
    */
    require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_category_row.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_category_row.php');
    }
    ?>

So I changed the value to "1"

NEW Source Code:

<?php
    // categories_description
    if ($current_categories_description != '' && PRODUCT_LIST_CATEGORY_ROW_STATUS == 1) {
    ?>
    <div id="categoryDescription" class="catDescContent"><?php echo $current_categories_description; ?></div>
    <?php } // categories_description ?>
    <!-- BOF: Display grid of available sub-categories, if any -->
    <?php
    if (PRODUCT_LIST_CATEGORY_ROW_STATUS == 0) {
    // do nothing
    } else {
    // display subcategories
    /**
    * require the code to display the sub-categories-grid, if any exist
    */
    require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_category_row.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_category_row.php');
    }
    ?>