Thread: PayPal

Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal

Can anyone help please
    I installed litepaid on my site and it seems to have messed up my admin section with paypal

The files are there in the ftp and paypal still works on checkout, all it is is the paypal files are missing from the modules/payment section.
    While it is not a major problem when the time arises that I do need it it won't be there so would like to fix it before I forget..
    I have removed every trace of litepaid from the server
    Just been though my database and found 1 item which I have deleted but no go still

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal

Quote Originally Posted by Andy-C27 View Post
    Can anyone help please
    I installed litepaid on my site and it seems to have messed up my admin section with paypal

The files are there in the ftp and paypal still works on checkout, all it is is the paypal files are missing from the modules/payment section.
    This is generally caused by a syntax (or similar) error in one of the files in the /modules/payment folder.

I have removed every trace of litepaid from the server
    Are you 100% sure about that?

Just been though my database and found 1 item which I have deleted but no go still
    This probably isn't a related to the database.

My suggestion is to *remove* any unused modules from the /payment/ folder (copy to a different folder just in case you need them again). This includes any backup files that may or may not reside there (in fact if you've ever made a backup copy of any of these files and stored the backup in this folder, using the 'php' filename extension that is most likely to be the cause of your problem).

Example :
    litepaid.php_bak is fine. litepaid_bak.php will cause a problem.

If you still have a problem after moving any unused modules, the next thing to do is start removing the others, one by one, until the problem goes away.

Although you state that it is the PayPal module(s) that are missing from the admin, it probably *won't* be these files that are causing the problem. It will be the code/module that is loaded *before* these modules. The disappearance of the PayPal modules is because the PHP code has crashed before it even gets to the PayPal modules.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal

Hi.
    I've changed the payments to .old and replaced them with backups I had and it's still the same.
    TBH I have had this before and did you you said and everything was OK.
    What I'm doing now is backing it up again and gonna search again as it is easier to find any files off site