Plugin Contributions

Default No Temp Folder for Easy Populate

Hi... I don't see the /temp folder in my store (public_html/store) for my install of Easy Populate 4.0. Do I have to create one now or what's the best way to go about this...

Thanks
    Brenda

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No Temp Folder for Easy Populate

sections 5 and 6 of the INSTALL.txt leads me too believe your supposed to create it yourself

Code:
    5. Now go to Configuration -> Easy Populate 4 and edit the Uploads Directory. The default directory is "temp/"
       This assumes you have a directory "temp" in the root of your website. I highly recommend that you
       move your temp directory into your admin, or change the name to something that is obscure for security reasons.

Note: If you are using Zencart 1.5 and want to move your Uploads directory into this folder, you will need to 
       customize an .htaccess file to add allowed file types of .csv/.CSV and .txt/.TXT. 

6. Now click on Tools -> Easy Populate 4. The warning messages should be gone. Note that your temp/
       directory will need correct permissions. EP4 will give you a warning if it cannot write to the temp/ directory
       that you set. Common permissions are "777" or "755". Contact your hosting provider if you are having problems
       setting permissions to writable, but you can usually do this through your site's CPANEL, or via a FTP program.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No Temp Folder for Easy Populate

Quote Originally Posted by barco57 View Post
    sections 5 and 6 of the INSTALL.txt leads me too believe your supposed to create it yourself

Code:
    5. Now go to Configuration -> Easy Populate 4 and edit the Uploads Directory. The default directory is "temp/"
       This assumes you have a directory "temp" in the root of your website. I highly recommend that you
       move your temp directory into your admin, or change the name to something that is obscure for security reasons.

Note: If you are using Zencart 1.5 and want to move your Uploads directory into this folder, you will need to 
       customize an .htaccess file to add allowed file types of .csv/.CSV and .txt/.TXT. 

6. Now click on Tools -> Easy Populate 4. The warning messages should be gone. Note that your temp/
       directory will need correct permissions. EP4 will give you a warning if it cannot write to the temp/ directory
       that you set. Common permissions are "777" or "755". Contact your hosting provider if you are having problems
       setting permissions to writable, but you can usually do this through your site's CPANEL, or via a FTP program.
    This is correct, and in essence for the reason stated in the iNSTALL.txt that was quoted. If it were auto created in the location identified, then there would potentially be a security risk. The instructions provide the expected action(s) to complete installation.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...