Plugin Contributions

Default New Payment Module breaks Admin Modules page

Hello Everybody! I'm developing a new payment module for zen cart but I'm facing a weird problem. My payment module class is 'breaking' the payment modules page in admin area.The side bar goes missing and every other payment module that is not native disappears also. Does someone knows what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Payment Module breaks Admin Modules page

Quote Originally Posted by hdolinski View Post
    Hello Everybody! I'm developing a new payment module for zen cart but I'm facing a weird problem. My payment module class is 'breaking' the payment modules page in admin area.The side bar goes missing and every other payment module that is not native disappears also. Does someone knows what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you
    Don't know which next step to specifically provide as the post is missing some valuable information. (Please refer to the posting guidelines that hopefully appear above the message box when typing a message to the forum.)

A blank or partial blank screen (as in this case) generally creates an error log. For ZC 1.5.1 and above this is in the logs folder, for ZC 1.5.0 and below this is in the cache folder. While the warnings listed in the log(s) are helpful, the error message(s) are what have stopped execution. Posting these logs (without the admin directory specifically identified) will help other help you and will may help others that come across this post in the future.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hdolinski View Post
    My payment module class is 'breaking' the payment modules page in admin area.The side bar goes missing and every other payment module that is not native disappears also. Does someone knows what I'm doing wrong?
    Almost any error in your code will produce this symptom, so the possibilities are endless.

Tip: One common cause would be if you happen to be making a backup copy of the file you are working on and keeping this backup in the same folder as the code being worked on, and having a .php extension for both codes. The error message (in the log files) will read something like 'can't redeclare class'. The solution is to rename the backup(s) so they DON'T end with .php

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Hey guys, thank you for the reply!
    I manage to find out what happens including this code in the module php file:

ini_set('display_errors', -1);
    error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);