Plugin Contributions

Default Products Not Showing with Easy Populate

Hi! I created my temp folder and I see the test csv file there. However, none of the products came through . I made one store category under shoes. The data file is set up with the correct headings. When I browsed for the file then uploaded it, EP says it was successful, I see the csv file reference at the bottom of the page, but no products. Am I missing something?

Thanks
    Brenda

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Products Not Showing with Easy Populate

Quote Originally Posted by msbfrnj View Post
    Hi! I created my temp folder and I see the test csv file there. However, none of the products came through . I made one store category under shoes. The data file is set up with the correct headings. When I browsed for the file then uploaded it, EP says it was successful, I see the csv file reference at the bottom of the page, but no products. Am I missing something?

Thanks
    Brenda
    Assuming that you are still using EP4, what is/was the actual filename of the file being uploaded? Also, realize that this type of plugin specific question is best suited for the forum of the plugin. Besides that it has probably been asked before, anyone that installs the program and comes across the same issue is more likely to find their answer.

For information, EP4 uses specific filename prefixes to perform the desired action(s). I believe one other action in the INSTALL.txt or at least other documentation of the plugin was to export using one of the admin options, make changes desired and then import... Not sure that action was performed based on the above description.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Sorry.... I thought I was asking in EP4. I guess I'm going about asking incorrectly in the forums. But FMI (For My Information)....Am I supposed to "reply to thread" if I have a question?

The test file name is: Wmstest.csv

Thanks for your help....

Brenda

P.S. I didn't export the file out of Easy Populate 4 first, didn't think I had to if all the datafeed info was correct. Sorry....
    Last edited by msbfrnj; 4 Oct 2014 at 01:39 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by msbfrnj View Post
    Sorry.... I thought I was asking in EP4. I guess I'm going about asking incorrectly in the forums. But FMI (For My Information)....Am I supposed to "reply to thread" if I have a question?

The test file name is: Wmstest.csv

Thanks for your help....

Brenda

P.S. I didn't export the file out of Easy Populate 4 first, didn't think I had to if all the datafeed info was correct. Sorry....
    No problem, glad I came across the message to help, but that is not always the case for all types of issues, so trying to help out there as well. :)

I haven't used/tried the reply to thread big orange button in a long time, forgot how it differs from clicking thhe reply or reply with quote buttons in the lower right of a message. Either of those two will provide a response in the same "discussion".

Well, the code takes action based off of the filename, certainly the same file could be used for different operations, but it would have to be named differently. It's one of those reasons the original author suggested to populate the cart with a few items, export the applicable data type, modify, upload and then import to see how things work. A clearer set of instructions is in the process of being made and is the reason the program has not been offered to be a part of the plugin download section. No instructions means more support to keep people informed of how to use it. :)

Depending on what you want to do related to the data would identify which file(s) to try. If you want to work with products like to add a new product, may I suggest the basic product export/import, followed by the detailed product information.

Also, just for further posting learning, there are some options available to encapsulate information like to add code tags,php tags, or quote tags around the content. This makes it a little easier to review the information provided and shows the enclosed content in a smaller window which totally makes reading the explanation so much easier on the website.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...