Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

application error Fresh install but CEON URI MAPPING states url already exists..confused.

Good evening,

I have done a fresh install of Zen Cart v153 and installed Google Sitemap, meta tag character count, footer menu, pure CSS header menu and CEON uri mapping so far.

When trying to create a category and add a url for the category, Ceon URI comes up with an error at the top of admin stating: English URI Mapping NOT added as a mapping already exists for /gifts-by-recipient even though I haven't created this URL.

I'm really confused :s

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fresh install but CEON URI MAPPING states url already exists..confused.

As it stands at the moment, all urls that I try to add are coming up as already existing. I have gone across to the category page on the store front and the url is coming up as /index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_6 plus others.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fresh install but CEON URI MAPPING states url already exists..confused.

Quote Originally Posted by choochoo View Post
    As it stands at the moment, all urls that I try to add are coming up as already existing. I have gone across to the category page on the store front and the url is coming up as /index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_6 plus others.
    So, totally fresh install of zC right? No previous database used? Used version 4.4.3 of ceon uri mapping? ZC files downloaded from this forum website not a onestep install?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Good morning,

Thank you for your reply.

Come to think of it, I did have a previous database for the same website, although I cleared everything off and started a fresh install manually which I did myself by downloading the files from the zencart website. The version of CEON URI Mapping i'm using is 4.4.3.

Could the previous install be affecting the fresh install? Everything was cleared so that the database was empty so I'm very confused as to why it is throwing errors at me.

Many thanks.

Plugin Contributions

If you still have the copy of the previous database, look in the configuration_group table to see if it is listed there. The table MAY have a prefix if your database has one.
    If it is not there, then something else may be wrong.
    If it is in the configuration_group table, it will have a configuration_group_id. You can use that ID to find out the version that was in the old database.
    Might be easiest to remove the rewrite from the old database and redo the install. That's IF you're just starting out. It sounds like you are since you are creating categories.

On another note.....
    While there might be a business reason for using the mod, IMHO there is no SEO reason for doing so. If you just want the links "pretty" for humans, fine. The SEs get by just fine the way the links are generated by ZC.
    Last edited by dbltoe; 5 Oct 2014 at 05:43 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I do not have the previous database on my computer anymore as I didn't see the need to keep it, maybe i've made a big boo boo there ooops.

I've looked in mysql and only have one database with my host which is the one I am using now. Could there be something in my current database that has the urls already existing?

Many thanks

Plugin Contributions

BACKUP! Then, check the existing configuration_group for two listings. If there are two, BACKUP then try deleting the smaller ID from the configuration table and configuration_group.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    BACKUP! Then, check the existing configuration_group for two listings. If there are two, BACKUP then try deleting the smaller ID from the configuration table and configuration_group.
    Hello,

Thank you for your reply, i've checked the configuration_group and there is only one listing called CEON URI Mapping (SEO) lol.

Many thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by choochoo View Post
    Hello,

Thank you for your reply, i've checked the configuration_group and there is only one listing called CEON URI Mapping (SEO) lol.

Many thanks
    While in myphpadmin/mysql database, do you see at least one table that after the database prefix (if it has one) has the name ceon_uri_mappings?

Did you follow the instructions for the install to goto modules->CEON uri mappings (or as the instructions state to perform the appropriate installation action)? If the action was performed before, what happens if you try to do that again? What is the result if you goto that same location now and do an installation check?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

Thank you for your reply!

I have found ceon_uri_mappings in the database and upon checking through this, it has URLS dating back to 30th May 14!! I am assuming I simply delete these entries in order to reapply the required URLs to where I want them...

Thanks so much

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast