Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Manufacturer name breadcrumbs

Hello Zen Cart folks, I am going to bump this to the top if that's ok. Would really like to know more about init_add_crumbs.php and how to add relevant info to the breadcrumbs - especially due to the way the categories are setup to not show all the products in the main category, this would be helpful.

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

You can use the built in functions for the manufacturer, I haven't fully tested this and DO NOT recommend anyone doing it on a live store.

In init_add_crumbs.php:

find:
    PHP Code:
        $breadcrumb->add($productname->fields['products_name'], zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($_GET['products_id']), 'cPath=' $cPath '&products_id=' $_GET['products_id'])); 
    above it add:
    PHP Code:
    $breadcrumb->add(zen_get_products_manufacturers_name($_GET['products_id']),  zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT'manufacturers_id=' zen_get_products_manufacturers_id($_GET['products_id']))); 
    You can add whatever you want before the products name, search your functions files for existing functions to call id and names like I did for manufactures, if they don't exist, create a function.

REMEMBER: This will most likely affect the breadcrumb trail on the reviews page as well.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by pricediscrimination View Post
    Hello Zen Cart folks, I am going to bump this to the top if that's ok. Would really like to know more about init_add_crumbs.php and how to add relevant info to the breadcrumbs - especially due to the way the categories are setup to not show all the products in the main category, this would be helpful.

Thank you
    Website - Github. Like the ZCA Bootstrap 4 Template? Donations Welcome. Bootstrap Plugins?

Plugin Contributions

Just saw this reply.

After YEARS of going without the brand name in the breadcrumbs, you finally solved it. THANK YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by rbarbour View Post
    You can use the built in functions for the manufacturer, I haven't fully tested this and DO NOT recommend anyone doing it on a live store.

In init_add_crumbs.php:

find:
    PHP Code:
        $breadcrumb->add($productname->fields['products_name'], zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($_GET['products_id']), 'cPath=' $cPath '&products_id=' $_GET['products_id'])); 
    above it add:
    PHP Code:
    $breadcrumb->add(zen_get_products_manufacturers_name($_GET['products_id']),  zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT'manufacturers_id=' zen_get_products_manufacturers_id($_GET['products_id']))); 
    You can add whatever you want before the products name, search your functions files for existing functions to call id and names like I did for manufactures, if they don't exist, create a function.

REMEMBER: This will most likely affect the breadcrumb trail on the reviews page as well.

Good Luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12