Plugin Contributions

Default How do I find out which resources are not secure??? Google Chrome SSL problem

My SSL/Padlock has stopped working with Google Chrome. It still works fine with Firefox and Explorer.

With Google Chrome I get a warning. It says there are unsecure resources on the page.

I've done some of the online scans and they check out.

How can I find out what resource is causing the problem?

my website is http://www.patriotic-flags.com

Thanks You,

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I find out which resources are not secure??? Google Chrome SSL problem

Haven't followed the link yet, but one thing to look for is where src= is followed by a specific link that is of the type opposite of the current page. One way to address this is to simply remove the http: or https: as applicable. If using a zen function to create the link, then the variable $request_type holds the type of page that is being displayed such as 'SSL' or 'NONSSL'
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I find out which resources are not secure??? Google Chrome SSL problem

In Chrome, if I click "View"->Developer->Javascript Console, I see an error saying the page is displayed secure but your search field is set to submit data to an unsecured page.
    While technically that's not a big deal, Chrome is apparently trying to play big brother.

Zen Cart's original template builds that form using zen_draw_form and $request_type, but I suspect your custom template has hard-coded its own <form> tags with raw HTML instead, and is thus betraying you. Better to rewrite it using the original ZC code if you want it to intelligently honor SSL mode.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yep, that was the problem. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    In Chrome, if I click "View"->Developer->Javascript Console, I see an error saying the page is displayed secure but your search field is set to submit data to an unsecured page.
    While technically that's not a big deal, Chrome is apparently trying to play big brother.

Zen Cart's original template builds that form using zen_draw_form and $request_type, but I suspect your custom template has hard-coded its own <form> tags with raw HTML instead, and is thus betraying you. Better to rewrite it using the original ZC code if you want it to intelligently honor SSL mode.