Plugin Contributions

Default SaleMaker How To: Take off of Dollar amount per person (attribute)

Hello there,
    I've been around and around and played with the store but cannot figure this out:

I sell tours. Due to the tour options, nearly every product is priced by attributes (i.e. product price 0--use map pricing to display price--number of adults (dropdown), number of children (dropdown), etc.) and then added to the cart as quantity of 1. So if tour A is booked for 4 adults, priced @ $25, the result is:

1x Tour A
    date
    time
    Adults: 4

Total: $100

How can I offer $5 off per person and have it correctly discounted? My guess is if not Sale Maker, then using the price factors when adding attributes. This is killing me. Anyone know? If so, you have some free tours in New Orleans or Key West on me!

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SaleMaker How To: Take off of Dollar amount per person (attribute)

Plugin Contributions

I had seen that but hadn't read that deep into it. I'll read the docs and install on test server tonight or tomorrow. Was worried about possible clashes with MAP pricing as well as layout, but I'll disable MAP and give it a try.

Thanks for such a prompt reply. More than a few or your post comments/suggestions have really helped me over the years Mr. Stevesh...good man.

If anyone has any ideas to work with what's currently setup, that'd be great too.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swjake View Post
    but I'll disable MAP and give it a try.
    Sorry to hijack but is there an easy way to disable MAP pricing? I haven't found it yet
    Signature not needed

Plugin Contributions

I'll let you know. I'm installing the above add-on locally tonight to see if it'll work with MAP installed. Other than that, all I know is when you add a product in admin, tick "don't use map pricing".

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swjake View Post
    I'll let you know. I'm installing the above add-on locally tonight to see if it'll work with MAP installed. Other than that, all I know is when you add a product in admin, tick "don't use map pricing".
    I know how to do that, but need a global way to turn it off, when we have sales customers can't see the savings without adding to cart and unchecking 500 products opening one at a time is quiet time consuming
    Signature not needed