Plugin Contributions

application error No Items in Orders even after successful PayPal payment

Hi, My head is wrecked. New to Zen-cart and PayPal. So well in over my head.

I have set up Zen-cart and sandbox.paypal for testing. When i complete my order in paypal it brings me back to the Zen-cart checkout_success page, however the order number is blank. There are no orders showing in the admin panel and my stock has not been reduced in quantity.

I am using PayPal Payments Standard.

I have run extras/ipncheck.php and get the following;

Code:
    IPNCHECK.PHP - Version 1.3.9
    CURL ERROR: Attempted connection on: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
    (60) SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
    error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
    Trying direct HTTP on port 80 instead ...
    CURL RESPONSE RECEIVED - Communications OKAY
    IPN TESTING - Response Received via CURL -- COMMUNICATIONS OKAY

IPN TESTING - Confirmation/Validation response with fsockopen(): FSOCKOPEN() RESPONSE RECEIVED - Communications OKAY

Default method likely to be used for communications is: CURL, with the fallback method being FSOCKOPEN if possible.
    Script finished.
    Now I don't know if I am being thrown off by SSL, but I am not using the Zen-cart in SSL (could be talking a load of cr*p)

I have also run curltester.php and get the following results. (P.S. I don't want to run SSL, but I am getting an SSL error below. Do I need to have Zen-Cart running on a SSL with Paypal? I thought that if i was only taking payment via PayPal that i did not require SSL?????)

Code:
    Testing communications to various destinations. This is a simple diagnostic to determine whether your server can connect to common destinations.
    For advanced "details" mode, add ?details=on to the URL.

Connecting to Zen Cart Support Server (http) ...
    GOOD: CURL Connection successful.

Connecting to Zen Cart Support Server (https) ...
    Error 60: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
    IMPORTANT NOTE: Error 60 or 61 means that this server has an SSL certificate configuration problem. YOU NEED TO ASK YOUR HOSTING COMPANY SERVER ADMIN FOR ASSISTANCE with fixing the server's OpenSSL certificate chain. 
    This error has nothing to do with Zen Cart. It is a server configuration issue.

(If you are running this test on a localhost/PC/dev/standlone server then you can either ignore this until you put the site on a live production server, or temporarily override things by manually configuring the CURLOPT_CAINFO value with a legitimate CA bundle. If you don't know what that means, just defer your CURL testing until you are on a live production webserver!)

Testing again with less security...
    GOOD: CURL Connection successful. (but without being able to verify certificate chain. Again: this is a server issue, not a Zen Cart issue.)

Connecting to USPS (port 80)...

Connecting to USPS Test/Staging/Sandbox Server (port 80)...

Connecting to UPS (port 80)...
    GOOD: Socket established

Connecting to FedEx (port 80)...

Connecting to PayPal IPN (port 443)...

Connecting to PayPal Express/Pro Server ...
    Error 60: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
    IMPORTANT NOTE: Error 60 or 61 means that this server has an SSL certificate configuration problem. YOU NEED TO ASK YOUR HOSTING COMPANY SERVER ADMIN FOR ASSISTANCE with fixing the server's OpenSSL certificate chain. 

(If you are running this test on a localhost/PC/dev/standlone server then you can either ignore this until you put the site on a live production server, or temporarily override things by manually configuring the CURLOPT_CAINFO value with a legitimate CA bundle. If you don't know what that means, just defer your CURL testing until you are on a live production webserver!)

GOOD: CURL Connection successful. (but without being able to verify certificate chain. Again: this is a server issue, not a Zen Cart issue.)

Connecting to PayPal Express/Pro Sandbox ...

Connecting to PayPal Payflowpro Server ...

Connecting to AuthorizeNet Production Server ...

Connecting to AuthorizeNet Developer/Sandbox Server ...

Connecting to LinkPointAPI server (port 1129)...
    Error 7: couldn't connect to host

Testing completed. See results above.
    Any help would be great, my head is wrecked and have spent many hours trying to find out what I'm doing wrong!
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No Items in Orders even after successful PayPal payment

Switch to Paypal Express, and that won't happen. There's no reason to use Standard anymore.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Mantle View Post
    I don't want to run SSL, but I am getting an SSL error below. Do I need to have Zen-Cart running on a SSL with Paypal? I thought that if i was only taking payment via PayPal that i did not require SSL?????
    You are partially correct.

1. When using PayPal Express Checkout (or the older less contemporary PayPal Standard) you don't necessarily need SSL because you're not collecting credit card data on your site.
    It's still valuable to protect your customers' passwords and private data, but if you don't care about that, you don't strictly require adding an SSL certificate to your store.

2. HOWEVER, in order to securely communicate to PayPal (in the background), your store does use the SSL infrastructure on your server, and that infrastructure needs to be contemporary (ie: up-to-date). The error messages being reported to you are describing that your server's SSL Certificate Chain is outdated. Your server administrator has the necessary access to correct that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Switch to Paypal Express, and that won't happen. There's no reason to use Standard anymore.
    Sorry Steve, that's not correct. His curltester output shows that he's got the same problem with EC also. It's a server issue, not a ZC issue.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The errors encountered, are they not also equivalent to some of the reports of today regarding PayPal, SSL3, and as reported by the tool related to action taken by the host? Ie. Unfortunate timing to test out these options?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    The errors encountered, are they not also equivalent to some of the reports of today regarding PayPal, SSL3, and as reported by the tool related to action taken by the host? Ie. Unfortunate timing to test out these options?
    No, it was from yesterday, and the message is different.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.