Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How to make all products show with "call for price" image

Hi.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on this. I've searched far and wide for the past couple of hours but couldn't find an answer.

I'm trying to make my entire site switch from prices to the "call for price" image. With the industry I'm in, I'm finding that I need to talk to customers before purchases (their slightly "larger ticket" items). I know how to take off prices by changing the store to a "showcase only" option, but when I do that, it only says "contact us" next to the product description, rather than the picture that says "call/contact for price."

So how do I have the image come up in showcase-only mode instead of the text "contact us".

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to make all products show with "call for price" image

Each product has the option to be set as call for price. You could do a grand sql statement to modify all products to be set as call for price... And rrestore the store back. Not sure if that arrangemment would place the store as desired for you or not.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Each product has the option to be set as call for price. You could do a grand sql statement to modify all products to be set as call for price... And rrestore the store back. Not sure if that arrangemment would place the store as desired for you or not.
    So restore the backup when I wanted to put prices back on, correct?
    I'm not sure what the sql statement would look like, and where to input it. Sorry, a newb at this stuff.
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stoneroses6300 View Post
    So restore the backup when I wanted to put prices back on, correct?
    I'm not sure what the sql statement would look like, and where to input it. Sorry, a newb at this stuff.
    Thanks.
    No need to do a full restore, simply change the setting from a showcase to a store, then in the tools->install SQL patches section, paste the following to change all products to call for price.

Code:
    update products set product_is_call = 1;
    This will update every product (active or not) to be call for price. Take a look at the result(s) and see if there is something else desired to be done/undone. I suggest backing up before doing the above SQL mod.

Plugin Contributions

No need to do a full restore, simply change the setting from a showcase to a store, then in the tools->install SQL patches section, paste the following to change all products to call for price.

Code:
    update products set product_is_call = 1;
    This will update every product (active or not) to be call for price. Take a look at the result(s) and see if there is something else desired to be done/undone. I suggest backing up before doing the above SQL mod.
    Great. That worked except the items are still showing the prices. How would I get rid of the prices listed?
    Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Great. That worked except the items are still showing the prices. How would I get rid of the prices listed?
    Thanks again.
    Try under configuration -> Product Listing, then change the Display Product Price/Add to Cart
    to possibly 0? (There is little to no explanation on my version of what the "options" are for this, but I have it set as 3 at the moment. :) ) Probably figured it out from reviewing the code. :)

Plugin Contributions

Try under configuration -> Product Listing, then change the Display Product Price/Add to Cart
    to possibly 0? (There is little to no explanation on my version of what the "options" are for this, but I have it set as 3 at the moment. :) ) Probably figured it out from reviewing the code. :)
    That ended up taking out the "call for price" on the category list along with the price. The product page itself still showed the price with the "call for price" graphic below it.

Plugin Contributions

That ended up taking out the "call for price" on the category list along with the price. The product page itself still showed the price with the "call for price" graphic below it.
    Thinking back on someone trying to do something similar... How are products to be "purchased" once they contact you? Might be going down a path for the front end; however, if the price is set to 0 (which would effectively remove the price from display), then when progressing through checkout it will look as if the product is free, among a few other situations. :/

Plugin Contributions

Thinking back on someone trying to do something similar... How are products to be "purchased" once they contact you? Might be going down a path for the front end; however, if the price is set to 0 (which would effectively remove the price from display), then when progressing through checkout it will look as if the product is free, among a few other situations. :/
    They would call or email me, we would figure out the price, and I would input the data into my CC processor, receive the check, COD, etc.
    So the idea of putting up the "call for pricing" graphic would be to eliminate the checkout functionality. The site would be a product listing site with no pricing. A sort of online catalog. We want to test if sales would go up if we were able to talk to people by voice, rather than them possibly seeing prices and leaving (and seeing it as an impersonal experience). It's an "older" industry/market where "people buying from people" is important" so we definitely want to test this.

Plugin Contributions

if the price is set to 0 /
    What I need to do is exactly this. Globally set all the prices to 0. I know this because the few products that we do have at 0 (larger equipment) list exactly how we want it to show up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast