Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Express Checkout 10410 error

Hello All,
    Okay. earlier today I received several emails with (10410) no token. Not really sure how that can be I called paypal and they say that in their logs no token was sent.

I came across the Paypal SSLV3 - SSLV1 thread a few days ago and made the switch. Should I maybe change it back?

What is going on here?

This is 1.5.1

Thank You,
    John
    Last edited by bumba000; 21 Oct 2014 at 12:20 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express Checkout 10410 error

Still not sure how that happened but there have been several PP Express checkouts since and it hasn't happened again.

Thanks for listening,
    John

Plugin Contributions

Iam now getting this error in 1.5.4

An error occurred when attempting to initiate a PayPal Express Checkout transaction. As a courtesy, only the error "number" was shown to your customer. The details of the error are shown below.

Invalid token
    Invalid token.
    Any help would be great. Not sure where to look

Robert

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cooper View Post
    Iam now getting this error in 1.5.4

Any help would be great. Not sure where to look

Robert
    I imagine the "invalid token" was something that failed to come back from PayPal when requested.
    Chances are that it was a one-time problem, perhaps a result of some trouble PayPal was experiencing that day.

If it's not continuing to happen with every purchase, there's nothing much one can do to diagnose it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi , I am getting this continually on a 1.5.1 Site. I have checked the API signature, and I can checkout using the old way , but not using Checkout Express.

Jan-18-2016 10:06:43 (1453111603)
    before_process - EC-5
    resultset:
    Array
    (
    [TIMESTAMP] => 2016-01-18T10:06:45Z
    [CORRELATIONID] => b26740742ea2a
    [ACK] => Failure
    [VERSION] => 61.0
    [BUILD] => 18308778
    [L_ERRORCODE0] => 10410
    [L_SHORTMESSAGE0] => Invalid token
    [L_LONGMESSAGE0] => Invalid token.
    [L_SEVERITYCODE0] => Error
    [CURL_ERRORS] =>
    )

Can anyone assist in a diagnosis ?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

On a technical level, PayPal Express checkout works like this:
    - customer clicks the EC button
    - your store talks to PayPal to request a token for the entire set of following communications:
    - that token is transmitted along with the redirect to have the customer login to paypal
    - then when the customer returns to your store, your store uses that same token to ask for the customer's name and email etc
    - then when the customer finally confirms the final payment amount on your store (after shipping, coupons, etc), that token is used to tell PayPal to charge the specified amount.

Without that token, none of this can occur.

So, if the token isn't being created because your store isn't able to talk to PayPal for either some coding reason (out of date code, or a bug in customized code), or some technical (SSL or server communications) reason, then the error you quoted will occur.

I don't at all mean to "pass the buck", but my head's been in the v1.5.5 code for quite awhile, and v154 before that, and ... etc. v151 was a long time ago. And PayPal has made a number of changes, and also the whole web industry has been making aggressive changes around SSL which PayPal has been adapting to.
    So, I'm strongly inclined to ask you to test the same situation using a v155 site, while still being aware that v155 is currently beta code.

(Many of the changes in the v155 PayPal code were inspired from lat9's plugin: PayPal Express Checkout Using NVP 84.0 ... so there might be some value in exploring that to see if it helps bridge the gap of the older code you're using)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.