Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania, United States
    Plugin Contributions

Default Add Selected to Cart redirects to index when on search results page

Hi,

I am using version 1.5.3. When a customer searches for an item and then clicks the "add selected to cart button" they get redirected to the index page without any items being added to the cart. Can anyone help? http://americantraditioncookiecutters.com

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add Selected to Cart redirects to index when on search results page

Your site is working OK for me. Were you expecting to be taken to the shopping cart after adding items?

Plugin Contributions

No, I was expecting the item to be added. I keep getting redirected to the index page when I try to add to cart from the search results page.

Plugin Contributions

I repproduced the issue. By going directly to site, then on the main page searched for heart, attempted to add the fist product in upper left corner from the results page (without going to the product info page) and the item was not added.

Have the template files been compared against the template_default files to see if anything essential has been omitted? Ie, was template designed with ZC 1.5.3 in mind?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Sorry I was looking for any discrepancies and I could not find any. Do you have any other suggestions? I just upgraded at the beginning of the week and so far have only noticed this problem.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ATCC View Post
    Sorry I was looking for any discrepancies and I could not find any. Do you have any other suggestions? I just upgraded at the beginning of the week and so far have only noticed this problem.
    Upgraded, huh? So that is important information to identify. There are other things in the posting guidelines that may help those reading the thread to either relate or provide assistance.

So couple of things, for everyone please:
    Has your site been upgraded? When? From what version(s)?
    If you've upgraded, HOW did you upgrade? (official upgrade procedure or an automated script from your hosting company?)
    What plugins/addons have you installed? When? If your problems are payment-related, what payment module(s) are you using? If it's shipping-related, which shipping module(s) are you using?
    HOW did you install Zen Cart? (upload via FTP and run zc_install, or a one-click install from your hosting company? (one-click installs might mean you don't have enough information about your site/server to make customizations easily))
    What version of PHP and MySQL is your server using? (See Admin->Tools->Server Info)
    WHEN did the problem "start"? How does that compare with other events of your hosting company, changes you've made to your site files/addons, or your admin settings, etc?
    Please post the contents of related "debug logs" generated by Zen Cart (wrap the content in
    Code:
     and
    tags please!).
    If this is your first store, have you tested all aspects of transactions before going live?
    In what ways is your site customized or different from a brand new uncustomized install?
    Also, may want to briefly change your template back to the classic template just to see if the problem persists. If it does, then the issue is more than likely in one of the core/default files. If the problem goes away then it is in an override related path. Answer to the up above questions would also help to identify if a file was incorrectly renamed to still have the .php extension when it was intended to be replaced by a new/revised file.

Plugin Contributions

I changed the site back to the classic green and the problem is still then, so I guess it must be in the core files somewhere.
    Thanks for your info.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ATCC View Post
    I changed the site back to the classic green and the problem is still then, so I guess it must be in the core files somewhere.
    Thanks for your info.
    Reminder, by core I meant files either not overridden or files that can't be overriden. Two ways that come to mind, though I doubt this is an inherent problem to the default code of a new install, is to 1) try the same process on a fresh install of zc withno add-ins, or 2) compare a fresh install with the files of your site looking for extra files incorrectly named with .php as the extension that are intennded to be omitted from the process and changes that would have an impact on the process.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. I will look into it.

Plugin Contributions

After many hours of looking at all the files I figured it out! I have the Ceon URI Mapping add-on in my site and I did not have the newest version uploaded. Once I uploaded it I could add to cart from the search results page. When I upgraded to 1.5.3 this week I thought I checked everything, but I guess I didn't.

TO ALL: Make sure you have the most updated version (compatible) of any add-on. It will save you many hours of heartache and work!

I really appreciate all the advise. Thanks again!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast