Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: When running zc_install appears not to have upgraded

Now there are some plugins that require .htaccess modifications,but most of those are uri rewriters. I don't know of any that specifically need .htaccess mods. Okay there are those things that will need a different type of file to be accessible such as .csv files in certain directories, some sort of multimedia upload/download. But most of those extra facts are covered in the applicable installation instructions or in a FAQ or the wiki. Then of course in the forum thread for that application, etc...

Anyways, the instructions do leave details to be determined and are written to provide a more grand overview. Many have asked the question of upgrade details, and many have responded, typically each with a little of this or a little of that different, but generally coming back to the same base instruction. While version 1.3.8 may not have been as "portable" as the later versions, if the site was originally built under the current philsophy of change as little of the default code provided and use the override system as much as possible, then upgrades are far easier/quicker and less buggy. It's when holding onto what was and may no longer work with the current code (more secure) that issues begin to crop up.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Appreciate your time.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RAD1964 View Post
    Appreciate your time.
    Hope there was something useful in the information.

You questioned the accuracy of some other instruction. Mind if I ask what instruction that was? It may have been correct for the right reasons. :)

Plugin Contributions

Argh, Ok attempt number failed, I got 500 error.

Can I asume that (with no changed files/plugins) I copy the version 1.3.8 that is the current working version of my zencart site, I copy and put that in a new empty folder, called: shopping2.

Now I take the new version of the site and I paste that site into the same folder: shopping2, this time overwriting files with a newer date.

I had an admin in v1.3.8 that I renamed, now there is my renamed admin and the new admin. What do I do there?

This upgrading zencart needs a one button install which I know doesn't exist but boy oh boy does it need it!

Plugin Contributions

YEH! I finally got the upgrade option... it appears 4 files were skipped:

SKIPPED: Cannot drop index page_accessed on table admin_activity_log because it does not exist.
    SKIPPED: Cannot drop index access_date on table admin_activity_log because it does not exist.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_page_accessed_zen to table admin_activity_log because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_access_date_zen to table admin_activity_log because it already exists.

Should I do something or ignore?!

Plugin Contributions

YEH! I finally got the upgrade option... it appears 4 files were skipped:

SKIPPED: Cannot drop index page_accessed on table admin_activity_log because it does not exist.
    SKIPPED: Cannot drop index access_date on table admin_activity_log because it does not exist.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_page_accessed_zen to table admin_activity_log because it already exists.
    SKIPPED: Cannot add index idx_access_date_zen to table admin_activity_log because it already exists.

Should I do something or ignore?!
    The way those "error" messages are written, they are more a notification than an error. Ie. Skip and be merry. :)

Now. One thing you will want to do with the template files of your non-classic template(s) is to compare those files to the "core" version of them and incorporate changes that are applicable. Like, I think it is html_specialchars (I could be way off on the function name, but) may now need four "variables" to be included where in the past one was sufficient. Those types of things will somewhat stand out when the files are compared.

Also realize that this method of upgrade may leave behind files that could interfere with operation if the "extra" files that may have existed in 1.3.8 but not in 1.5.x were not one for one replaced when the ZC team created the next version.

As to your earlier admin question, you can have any number of admin directories each with some sort of variation. At the moment there is no "override" system on the admin side like there is on the store side. That said though, the new admin directory would still need a functional configure.php file for this store... Also, if in fact all you did was update the files around the configure.php files, there are new "features" created in the newer configure.php files that did not exist in the older versions. Ie. No longer is the admin directory revealed in the file as it is determined by the location being accessed and the placement of the configure.php file in relation to that... But I don't want to make things harder than they already have been. Congratulations on getting it to work, perhaps though you can now see how some of the other directions fit in and how you can streamline the process a little for what works for you.

Don't know what your geometry skills are like but it's like a vector where you can first solve for the direction and then find the distance or you can first find the distance and then the direction. Either way gets you to the final result, but you can take the path that makes sense to you first. :)

Plugin Contributions

rut ro..
    The requested URL /admin/FILENAME_ALERT_PAGE.php was not found on this server.
    This is when I try and access the admin. admin/alert_page.php is on the server!

Plugin Contributions

FILENAME_ALERT_PAGE is defined in my includes/filenames.php

Plugin Contributions

rut ro..
    The requested URL /admin/FILENAME_ALERT_PAGE.php was not found on this server.
    This is when I try and access the admin. admin/alert_page.php is on the server!
    There is a define action somewherre (or it is not there) that is supposed to bridge the gap between the constant FILENAAME_ALERT_PAGE and the actual file. It may not have been fully uploaded (filetransfers sometimes don't fully take) hopefully such a file wouldn't move much from one version to the next. You could possibly use the developers toolkit under tools of the old functional version to see where the file should be/should have been. As for where it is on a 1.5.1 site?

Wait a minute so which is the issue? That the alert message is presented or the fact that the constant is used instead of the file? Where is/was this "information" identified? On screen?
    If defined in the store side includes folder, does the admin panel have a correct path to the store side from the configure.php file?
    Which admin panel was attempted? :) there was some discussion earlier about which directory the admin files should be in.

Plugin Contributions

So I am using the new admin folder because it may contain updated files, I made sure in both config files to point the paths to the new shopping folder and the paths to the admin without it being renamed.

I am now getting an Internal Server Error 500 when I try to connect to the store and the admin.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast