Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Website loads halfway down the front page

Any ideas on how to track the issue down? Works fine on IE and FF..but on chrome it jumps to halfway down the page on loading.

www.vermontindustries.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Website loads halfway down the front page

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Thomas View Post
    Any ideas on how to track the issue down? Works fine on IE and FF..but on chrome it jumps to halfway down the page on loading.

I just spent time trouble shooting this for a client. It must be something that has changed in the new version of chrome. I narrowed the problem down to the manufacturers sidebox. When you turn off the box the problem is fixed, but I have no idea why the browser is having a problem with this particular sidebox.

Thanks,

Anne

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Thomas View Post

If you temporarily switch your store to use the Classic template, does the problem continue? Of course, switch it back to your current template once you've tested it in a few browsers.
    If the symptoms don't occur on all templates, then it could be related to your custom template's CSS or javascript, including things done to it specifically for mobile.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you temporarily switch your store to use the Classic template, does the problem continue? Of course, switch it back to your current template once you've tested it in a few browsers.
    If the symptoms don't occur on all templates, then it could be related to your custom template's CSS or javascript, including things done to it specifically for mobile.
    I can confirm that the problem is present in the classic template. The particular site that I was working on was not a responsive design.
    And it also happens when clicking through to other pages.

Here is an example 1.5.3 with the classic template:

http://weblyweb.com/fresh/

I am seeing the problem in chrome Version 38.0.2125.104 (64-bit)

Thanks,

Anne
    Last edited by picaflor-azul; 27 Oct 2014 at 06:05 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    I can confirm that the problem is present in the classic template. The particular site that I was working on was not a responsive design.

Here is an example 1.5.3 with the classic template:

http://weblyweb.com/fresh/

I am seeing the problem in chrome Version 38.0.2125.104 (64-bit)

Thanks,

Anne
    Just to keep things interesting, I'm using chrome
    Version 38.0.2125.104 (64-bit)

but I'm NOT seeing any problem with this site (or the vermontindustries site).

Possibly its related to a chrome plugin/extension rather than chrome itself?

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

I am ... I will have to play later with various servers and see if there are differences ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Just to keep things interesting, I'm using chrome
    Version 38.0.2125.104 (64-bit)

but I'm NOT seeing any problem with this site (or the vermontindustries site).

Possibly its related to a chrome plugin/extension rather than chrome itself?

Cheers
    RodG
    I tried, using the same version, and I did see it initially on the vermont site, and then after a few refreshes it no longer jumped. Then I opened it again in another tab, and it happened again there.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I tried, using the same version, and I did see it initially on the vermont site, and then after a few refreshes it no longer jumped. Then I opened it again in another tab, and it happened again there.
    Alas, I still can't replicate the issue. If I were to take a wild guess I'd say this looks/sounds like a caching issue?

Regardless what the cause, this is probably going to be a pig to debug.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    I just spent time trouble shooting this for a client. It must be something that has changed in the new version of chrome. I narrowed the problem down to the manufacturers sidebox. When you turn off the box the problem is fixed, but I have no idea why the browser is having a problem with this particular sidebox.

Thanks,

Anne
    I turned the manufacturer sidebox off and it works great. Ty Ty Ty!!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It seems to be that Chrome (and Opera) is repositioning the bottom of the viewport (visible area in the browser) to the top of the first form on the page that contains a SELECT field which has a pre-"selected" entry set in it.
    Open bug discussion on Chrome at: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/i...tail?id=423155
    Chime in there to let them know you are also affected .. the more the merrier, and the sooner they'll fix it.

The *temporary* workaround until the browsers are fixed is to turn off any sideboxes that display a pulldown which contains a "default" option in it.
    Or for the advanced coder, you could disable the code that sets the selected attribute in the corresponding option tag in the html.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast