Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Is It Possible To Do Permanent Drop-Down Lists For Only Some Categories?

All of the categories and subcategories for www.carnal-pleasures.com are listed in permanent expanded drop-down mode in the Categories sidebar...but the Anthologies category is getting too long, and likely to get longer. Is it possible to have JUST the Anthologies category NOT show its subcategories, but still have all the other categories and subcategories stay visible like they are now?

Many thanks for your assistance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is It Possible To Do Permanent Drop-Down Lists For Only Some Categories?

I'm not familiar with the plugin/code that generates your lists, but where it comes to providing the subcategory(ies) it should be possibly to do a test like (if category != x && category != y) then do the subcategory(ies) portion of the routine. Where x is the first category id to be omitted, and y is the second. The "code" provided is not properly formatted to implement but is more of a concept.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is It Possible To Do Permanent Drop-Down Lists For Only Some Categories?

Add to your stylesheet_chcategories_dressing.css
    Code:
    #chcategories .cat-top>#catGroup134_153 {display: none;}
    #chcategories .cat-top:hover>#catGroup134_153 { display: block;}
    I notice that you have both stylesheet_categories_dressing.css and stylesheet_chcategories_dressing.css; you should delete stylesheet_categories_dressing.css so it doesn't confuse your site with duplicate rules.

Plugin Contributions

Perfect, GJH...thank you so very much!! I'm a php moron, though I've gotten better over the past 3 years...I really appreciate your help!

Now if I can just get the upgrade problem solved.......... *sigh*

Plugin Contributions

Okay, how would I do the same thing...have one category not show its subcategories but leave the others expanded...using the CH Category add-on? It doesn't have a stylesheet_chcategories_dressing.css file, and I'm very hesitant to mess with either of the two files I did upload.

http://timelesserotica.com/bookstore/

Thanks!!!

Plugin Contributions

Do you mean just the chcategories, without Categories Dressing? That does not have any more individual category control than the stock categories sidebox. To do what you want you need to install Categories Dressing - you don't need to use all of its styling abilities, only what you want.

Plugin Contributions

Whoo hoo!!! I not only figured out what you meant, I figured out how to install it without a hitch (for a change...php hates me)...AND I figured out how to change the

#chcategories .cat-top>#catGroup134_153 {display: none;}
    #chcategories .cat-top:hover>#catGroup134_153 { display: block;}

to the proper new category numbers...

#chcategories .cat-top>#catGroup65_72 {display: none;}
    #chcategories .cat-top:hover>#catGroup65_72 { display: block;}

Trust me, for me, this is big! LOL

I figured out how to change the orange color...is there a way to move the indents back to the left more?
    Last edited by DK_Scully; 4 Dec 2014 at 06:05 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Never mind, when I changed the color to white, they moved all on their own. Weird. Now to change the little orange boxes in front of the subcats to white, and figure out how to change the hover color from pink to pale teal.

This is going to look so sharp when it's done!

Plugin Contributions

Check it out, I am SOOOO proud of the way it looks! Thank you so much for your help!!!

http://timelesserotica.com/bookstore/

Say...is there a way to round the edges of the New button all the way around, and round just the right corners of the sidebar buttons? If it can't be done, I won't lose any sleep over it...but if it can, I think that would add a nice stylish touch to the layout.

Plugin Contributions

Since you are in the process of upgrading, it might be a good idea to consider one of the responsive templates available in the plugins section.
    http://quirktools.com/screenfly/ will let you look at your site in desktop, tablet, and mobile formats. In these times when almost everyone has a tablet or phone that can access the internet, it makes sense to try to get there during upgrade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast