Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Coupon End Expiration Date beyond 2018?

When I enter a coupon, the maximum expiration date is December 31, 2018. Is it possible to add more years into that drop-down menu so I can make coupons that have a longer expiration date? Or is it possible to have coupons without expiration dates at all?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Coupon Expiration Date

If you need a ridiculously forever date on the Discount Coupon so things like:
    The coupon is valid between 07/19/2014 and 07/19/2025

rather than a shorter time period to encourage people to buy today rather than in 2022 ... you could edit the date in phpMyAdmin in the table:
    coupons

and change the date in the field:
    coupon_expire_date

I tend to opt for the shorter date range to encourage coupon usage rather than a longer date range just to save an edit every year ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by laurelsstitchery View Post
    When I enter a coupon, the maximum expiration date is December 31, 2018. Is it possible to add more years into that drop-down menu so I can make coupons that have a longer expiration date? Or is it possible to have coupons without expiration dates at all?
    Load the file /youradmin/includes/functions/general.php into a text editor

On line#1976 you should see code that reads like

Code:
    for ($i=2001:$i<2019;$i++) {
    Change these years to suit your needs.

Save the file.

Note: This date selector is used in several parts of ZenCart. This change will affect them all.

Cheers
    RodG

PS. I've just taken another look and it seems that it is only the coupon editor that uses this bit of code. Everything else appears to use SpiffyCal instead.
    Last edited by RodG; 31 Oct 2014 at 06:15 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the info! For whatever reason I never think of updating the database directly. :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Discount coupon End Date

In Admin->Discount Coupons/Gift Certificates->Coupon Admin when creating a new coupon the latest selectable "End Date" from the drop-down list is 31 December 2018. How can I add more years to the drop-down list?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Discount coupon End Date

Issue is corrected in ZC 1.5.5; however, if you search admin/includes/functions/general.php for 2019 should find a line that looks like:
    Code:
     for ($i=2001;$i<2019;$i++){
    And replace with the below:
    Code:
       for ($i = date('Y') - 5, $j = date('Y') + 11; $i < $j; $i++) {
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Discount coupon End Date

Thanks a lot!

Plugin Contributions

I am going to assume that this information is now erratically different than what is posted in this thread... I have searched my file directory extensively for the "($i=2001:$i<2019;$i++) { " string, yes while using the Developers tool kit, and my search result returns ZERO results... even when search several different variations of the suggested code.

I came to this thread because I too am having the same problem with my Zen Cart (yes I am using the latest version), but when I attempt to create a coupon code that I want to be valid past December 31st 2018, I simply can not do such because the date "2019" does not exist in the drop-down menu for "Expiration Dates" for the Coupon Generator. I additionally searched the /mydomain/admin panel/includes/English/coupon_admin, and the code to alter the dates does not exist there either....

Just trying to figure out why this is still a problem even in 2017.... I mean, I get it why it may have been a problem in 2014, but you would think that by 2017 someone would have updated the "updates" of newer versions to have made accommodations for this by now. I'm not the only person having this issue, am I ?

How do I add additional years to my coupon section? (and is there any other parts of my Zencart that will stop displaying the correct date come Jan 1st, 2019? )

Thank you in advance

~ Kevin

Plugin Contributions

Forget the previous question.... I found the location in my version of Zencart.

It is located inside of my domain / admin panel / includes / functions / general.php

I had to find it manually, for some reason or another the Tool Kit simply would not return any results for that line of text. Strange, but not the first time I have had that problem with the developers tool kit though.

Thank you for the pointers, your comment is the ONLY reason I was able to fix the problem.

Plugin Contributions

K.McIntyre, I don't know what version of Zen Cart you're using, but the zen_draw_date_selector function was updated for this issue in Zen Cart 1.5.5, released in March of 2016.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast