Plugin Contributions

Default Need usps files for 1.3.8

I need to add usps shipping to older model 1.3.8a. I tried installing files --version $Id: usps.php 2013-07-28 ajeh $ Version J 2013-07-28 and usps.php 2013-07-30 ajeh Version J5 -- but would not return quotes and it stopped the ups module from working until I uninstalled the usps module at c-panel. I also tried to to comment out// line 1011 CURLOPT_SSLVERSION_3, but this did not help either. Does anyone have any idea how to make files work or can suggest different files that will work in older cart?

@version $Id:

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need usps files for 1.3.8

You need the current September 7, 2014 USPS K5 version:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1292

You should also make sure that you are subscribed to the News & Announcents Forum to get current updates about Zen Cart ...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forumdisplay...-Announcements

NOTE: a new version of USPS will be released in a few days ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tom50 View Post
    I need to add usps shipping to older model 1.3.8a.
    I hope you realise that you are sitting on a time bomb? If the hackers don't get you the PHP updates will.

Whatever the issues you have with the USPS not working is the least of your problems. You *must* upgrade ZenCart itself before fussing around with USPS... if you don't, you WILL regret it.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You need the current September 7, 2014 USPS K5 version:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1292

You should also make sure that you are subscribed to the News & Announcents Forum to get current updates about Zen Cart ...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forumdisplay...-Announcements

NOTE: a new version of USPS will be released in a few days ...
    Thanks, I installed the K5 version and installed module at c-panel. It has error message at top of screen, and does not show listing so I can not get in and type in my Username and check off boxes in the usps set up. Should I try a different file. I would love to update entire cart but can not at the moment. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Shipping Configuration errors!
    Warning: USPS shipping module is either missing the username, or it is set to TEST rather than PRODUCTION and will not work.
    If you cannot retrieve USPS Shipping Quotes, contact USPS to activate your Web Tools account on their production server. 1-800-344-7779 or [email protected]

Plugin Contributions

This is the USPS module to use ...

Check that you installed the files correctly on your server ...

Next, check that you did the steps to:

1 Remove USPS

2 Install USPS

3 Configure USPS

Also, look in the /cache directory (this is /logs on newer versions of Zen Cart) and see what debug logs are there and post the contents if you do not understand the error message ...

You can also turn on the Debug Log in the USPS shipping module and then try a quote and Zip the shipping log created in the /cache directory (this is /logs on newer versions of Zen Cart) and add it as an attachment on your next post ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tom50 View Post
    I would love to update entire cart but can not at the moment.
    Ask yourself. Is it going to be easier to update the store NOW, while it is still functional, or is it going to be easier to do it after the site has been hacked or a PHP update cripples the site and prevents everything from loading.

If you can't find a few hours to do it as soon as it is convenient how will you manage to find the 20 or 30 hours that it could take at the most inconvenient time possible?

Seriously, you really are sitting on a timebomb. Don't make the same mistake that many others in your position have done and waiting for the inevitable meltdown. If you do, you'll get very little sympathy from anyone around here.

Sorry I can't help with your usps problem.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

The only way I can get usps to show up in control panel to configure is to roll back files to the original ones that came in 1.3.8. I tried all steps with both usps turned on and again with turned off in c-panel. If you have any more ideas, please send them. If not I will wait for next updated files and try them. Thanks in advance for the help.

Plugin Contributions

I have it working on a test site of v138 ...

First, on your site run:
    /extras/curltest.php

Does it come up as Good?

If so, install the September 7, 2014 USPS K5 version ...
    Be sure to do:

1 Remove
    2 Install
    3 Reconfigure ... and turn on the Debug Log at the bottom of USPS
    4 Try some shipping quotes ...

Then, look in the /cache directory (this is /logs on newer versions of Zen Cart) and Zip the shipping logs that you see and attach them to your post ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I looked in toolkit for curltest.php in bottom under all files catalog and admin and turned up nothing. I also looked in extras folder (the folder in same directory as includes, images, etc) and the extras folder was an empty directory. Should I obtain this file or is there another way to test curl. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

You really should update to a newer version of Zen Cart that is not so buggy and insecure ...

To get a functional curltester.php you could go to Github and grab the files from the extras directory:
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/
    Linda McGrath