Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Website Payments Standard - IPN

I use PayPal Website Payments Standard - IPN

Today, I got a payment on Paypal, and the order did not upload into the admin.

I called Paypal and they said it was not a problem on their end?

I am not sure how to look at "debug" stuff, I just have the zenid= long string.

I updated all of the "poodle" stuff on 11/3, but everything was working fine after that, Not sure waht to do?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Website Payments Standard - IPN

Whoa, I tured on the debug mode, but selected log and email, and I did a test purchase, it worked, but I got 29 debug emails, not sure what any of it means.

IPN DEBUG message (1415208289_pvPx) #1
    IPN PROCESSING INITIATED. *** Originating IP: 173.0.81.1 notify.paypal.com *** Browser/User Agent: PayPal IPN ( https://www.paypal.com/ipn )
    IPN DEBUG message (1415208289_pvPx) #2
    Breakpoint: 0 - Initializing debugging.
    IPN DEBUG message (1415208289_pvPx) #3
    Breakpoint: Flag Status: isECtransaction = 0 isDPtransaction = 0
    IPN DEBUG message (1415208289_pvPx) #7
    CURL response: VERIFIED
    IPN DEBUG message (1415208289_pvPx) #8
    IPN INFO (cl) - Confirmation/Validation response VERIFIED
    IPN DEBUG message (1415208289_pvPx) #9
    Breakpoint: 1 - Collected data from PayPal notification
    IPN DEBUG message (1415208289_pvPx) #11
    Breakpoint: 2 - Validated transaction components
    IPN DEBUG message (1415208289_pvPx) #12
    Breakpoint: 3 - Communication method verified
    IPN DEBUG message (1415208289_pvPx) #13
    IPN NOTICE :: Could not find matched txn_id record in DB. Therefore is new to us.
    IPN DEBUG message (1415208289_pvPx) #14
    Breakpoint: 4 - Details: txn_type=unique ordersID = 0 IPN_id=0 Relevant data from POST: txn_type = unique parent_txn_id = None txn_id = 6BN5921921299680T
    IPN DEBUG message (1415208289_pvPx) #15
    Breakpoint: 5 - Transaction type (txn_type) = unique [parentLookup=unique]
    IPN DEBUG message (1415208289_pvPx) #17
    Breakpoint: 5a - built order -- OID: 6235
    IPN DEBUG message (1415208289_pvPx) #20
    Breakpoint: 5d - PP hist ID: 2268
    IPN DEBUG message (1415208289_pvPx) #21
    Breakpoint: 5e - PP hist_data:Array ( [paypal_ipn_id] => 2268 [txn_id] => 6BN5921921299680T [parent_txn_id] => [payment_status] => Completed [pending_reason] => [date_added] => now() )
    IPN DEBUG message (1415208289_pvPx) #22
    Breakpoint: 5f - PP hist saved
    IPN DEBUG message (1415208289_pvPx) #19
    Breakpoint: 5c - PP table OID saved
    IPN DEBUG message (1415208289_pvPx) #23
    Breakpoint: 5g - new status code: 2
    IPN DEBUG message (1415208289_pvPx) #24
    Breakpoint: 5j - order stat hist update:Array ( [orders_id] => 6235 [orders_status_id] => 2 [date_added] => now() [comments] => PayPal status: Completed @ 09:24:24 Nov 05, 2014 PST Trans ID:6BN5921921299680T Amount: 0.97 USD [customer_notified] => 0 )
    IPN DEBUG message (1415208289_pvPx) #25
    Breakpoint: 5k - OSH update done
    IPN DEBUG message (1415208289_pvPx) #26
    Breakpoint: 5L - adding products
    IPN DEBUG message (1415208289_pvPx) #27
    Breakpoint: 5m - emailing customer
    IPN DEBUG message (1415208289_pvPx) #28
    Breakpoint: 5n - emptying cart
    IPN DEBUG message (1415208289_pvPx) #29
    Breakpoint: 6 - Completed IPN order add. ordersID = 6235 IPN tracking record = 2268

These are all the ones that I got emailed, minus the ones that had personal info in it. But the problem did not happen on this test purchase.

I just talked to my customer, and this is what she said about when the error happened. Hello!

I'm glad you got the payment!

The process just went through normally, it said it had gone through and redirected me back to your website! I couldn't see an order number but didn't notice that till after I had closed the window.

Plugin Contributions

This is in a way a known issue and reason that paypal express is often suggested for use instead of PayPal Website Payments Standard - IPN. From the customer's side as reported everything progresses as "normal", but the cart doesn't necessarily get updated that the purchase was completed so there ends up being no order information stored, but money is collected.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

This has only happened to me one time in the 6+ years I have had my cart. =(

With the paypal express, i think the reason why I was not using that is because they have to enter their information on my actual site and I would be responsible for the info, or maybe that was authorize.net

Plugin Contributions

Wait a minute, I just found this thread...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...xpress-and-pro

so really only the Website Payments Pro- is the one where i would be responsible for the security of their credit card

PayPal Express Checkout does not create me liable for their card information. but is a better way to use paypal?

Is it hard to move to express checkout from the standard??

Plugin Contributions

Switch to Paypal Express. Just save all your Paypal IPN settings, remove it, install Paypal Express and add the settings in the configuration. Express and IPN work the same, but Express is much more stable. You're right - Payments Pro requires your server be PCI-compliant, etc.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by WiccanWitch420 View Post
    Wait a minute, I just found this thread...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...xpress-and-pro

so really only the Website Payments Pro- is the one where i would be responsible for the security of their credit card

PayPal Express Checkout does not create me liable for their card information. but is a better way to use paypal?

Is it hard to move to express checkout from the standard??
    Not really. There's some information to have available to keep processing forward which is available from the paypal website. (Actually these days I've found it more difficult to find the information in paypal than to actually use any of it. The menus have gone counterintuitive or their menu option term(s) in one case offer more options and in another just give information), sorry enough on that. :)

Anyways, with the info in hand it's basically disabling one and enabling the other.

There are instructions off of the following wiki page that identify how to setup/enable express checkout. I thought that standard had to be disabled as part of enabling express.

I thought that the other paypal payment method could still be operated without the same local storage concern nowadays. That all information would be handled bypaypal, it's just that to the customer it looks like payment is collected from the website not having to jump to a new page/location.

Plugin Contributions

And actually, most payment processors (paypal, authorize.net for example) now don't store the payment information locally, they handle that themselves. The difference is/becomes the user experience and the look of the processor.

Paypal express allows account creation and logs in the customer as part of collecting payment information when used from the shopping cart or checkout pages. While if the express options of express checkout are not used including if using a different payment processor then unless something like COWOA is used, then an account must be created and logged into as part of collecting payment.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Switch to Paypal Express. Just save all your Paypal IPN settings, remove it, install Paypal Express and add the settings in the configuration. Express and IPN work the same, but Express is much more stable. You're right - Payments Pro requires your server be PCI-compliant, etc.
    As I said, I think... I haven't used Payments Pro and like most things would still readabout the requirements before implementing something that I wasn't sure about or if issues were identified while testing a change on a development site/location.

Plugin Contributions

The difference, so far as I know, is that Express takes your customers to their site to pay, and Pro doesn't. As far as I know, if the customers' credit card details pass through your site (as with Pro, but not Express), your server needs to be PCI and (I think) PA-DSS compliant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast