Plugin Contributions

Default Communications Error with Authorize.net (AIM)

I apologize in advance if this question is already answered here but after searching this forum and elsewhere I have not been able to find the solution to my problem. I am trying to use Authorize.net (AIM) for a client's site but after entering credit card info and attempting to check out, I receive the following error: "Communications Error - Please notify webmaster. - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct the information and try again or contact us for further assistance." I've done the following:

- entered what should be the correct login ID, transaction key, and MD5 hash
    - contacted the web host to make sure cURL is enabled for PHP
    - successfully applied an SSL to the site
    - tried testing the checkout process in both test and production mode
    - tried accessing the /extras/curltester.php file unsuccessfully receiving both a 403 and 404 error

Additional info:
    - I manually installed v153
    - Hosting is Linux with cPanel through GoDaddy
    - When the hash number is entered I also receive a hash error. When I leave that field blank, it seems to be okay

Most of the recommended solutions I have found seem to either be outdated or not help. I would greatly appreciate help with this problem. I'm also open to using Authorize.net SIM but feedback I've read seems to be that AIM is the better choice.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Communications Error with Authorize.net (AIM)

Did you check the News & Announcements forum on this thread:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...yment-security

NOTE: you should really sign up for the News & Announcement forum so that you receive updates that concern your site at:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forumdisplay...-Announcements
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, Ajeh, for the reply. I checked the links you provided. The "Important announcement about POODLE and payment security" thread didn't actually seem to apply to my set-up but I tried it anyway - and that did indeed get rid of the error. However, it's still not working properly. A few things:

- In test mode, I checked out successfully but when testing with the Automatic Decline Credit Card Number provided, it doesn't get declined. The order processes successfully.
    - After testing in production mode, the order went through successfully in ZenCart but we received an error message from Authorize.net.
    - In the error message, it lists the following: "[4] => (TESTMODE) Transactions of this market type cannot be processed on this system." Not sure what exactly this means but I'm confused by it since the cart is changed from test to production mode.
    - The error message also includes: "[HashMatchStatus] => FAIL." I'm assuming that's because I removed the hash (as explained in the earlier message.)

I'm asking the client to reset the hash number and will try the new number. Do you have any recommendations on what else to try? (BTW, I posted incorrectly earlier. the store is actually v151, no v153. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ajhoover View Post
    - After testing in production mode, the order went through successfully in ZenCart but we received an error message from Authorize.net.
    - In the error message, it lists the following: "[4] => (TESTMODE) Transactions of this market type cannot be processed on this system." Not sure what exactly this means but I'm confused by it since the cart is changed from test to production mode.
    1. If you're getting messages mentioning (TESTMODE) then that means either your account at authnet is in testing mode, or you've set your authnet settings in your store to test mode ... probably the latter.

2. The "market type" message is peculiar.
    a) If you're getting "Transactions of this market type cannot be processed on this system" then your Authnet account is configured as "Retail Only" and not "Ecommerce/Web" or "Blended". You need to contact your account manager to get them to adjust your account settings.

b) If you've downloaded and installed the updated module I posted on the forum this week for dealing with the authnet SSL change, then there's a line in it that says: 'x_market_type' => 0,
    If that's causing you trouble, you can comment-out that line by putting // at the beginning of it. But that shouldn't be necessary if your authnet account is correctly configured to do ecommerce transactions.

From the authnet docs:
    "If your account type is Card Present, the default is 2 and only 2 can be used. If your account type is blended (or ecommerce), the default is 0, but x_market_type can be overridden."

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks so much! I don't have direct access to my client's authnet account so I'll ask them to check on this for me.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ajhoover View Post
    Thanks so much! I don't have direct access to my client's authnet account so I'll ask them to check on this for me.
    I had this same issue... could not find anything for Authorize.net, but found similar issue for paypal...

turns out Authorize.net disabled SSL version 3

change this line (line 591 on my file) in includes\modules\payment\authorizenet_aim.php

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, 3); to curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, 4);

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jbartoli View Post
    I had this same issue... could not find anything for Authorize.net
    The correct fix was announced publicly a few weeks ago: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...yment-security

To be notified of future such announcements, subscribe yourself via: http://www.zen-cart.com/subscription...bscription&f=2

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.