Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express Checkout (35) SSL connect error

Quote Originally Posted by Graniteman22 View Post
    I have ZC v1.5.3 and I'm currently getting the:

An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. () - (35) error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure

I made the required changes according to the instructions for this issue as follows:

paypal_curl ***

var $_curlOptions = array(CURLOPT_HEADER => 0,
    CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER => TRUE,
    CURLOPT_TIMEOUT => 60,
    CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION => FALSE,
    CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER => FALSE,
    CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST => 2,
    // CURLOPT_SSLVERSION => 3,
    CURLOPT_FORBID_REUSE => TRUE,
    CURLOPT_FRESH_CONNECT => TRUE,
    CURLOPT_POST => TRUE,
    );

paypaldp ***

http://curl.haxx.se/docs/caextract.html ... should never be used in production!
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 8);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, 8);
    // curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, 3);

authorizenet_aim ***

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FRESH_CONNECT, 1);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 0);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $data);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 15);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE); /* compatibility for SSL communications on some Windows servers (IIS

5.0+) */
    if (CURL_PROXY_REQUIRED == 'True') {

authorizenet_echeck ***

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FRESH_CONNECT, 1);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 0);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $data);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 15);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE); /* compatibility for SSL communications on some Windows servers (IIS

5.0+) */
    if (CURL_PROXY_REQUIRED == 'True') {

class.linkpoint_api ***

curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_URL,$host);
    curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
    curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $xml);
    curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSLCERT, $key);
    curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_CAINFO, $key);
    curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, false);
    curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);
    // curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, 3);
    curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);

I currently accept only CC and PayPal. I still get the error even though I made those changes.

I use the keyword search in developers tool and located 5 instances of the "CURLOPT_SSLVERSION" and changed all 5 as noted above. What else can I do?
    Nevermind. Looks like I changed those files that were in a different folder. Found another version of those files in another location on my server and the problem is solved. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Yep I had the same problem. I've just spent the last 8 hours unsuccessfully trying to upgrade my website from 1.39 to the latest version 1.53 of ZenCart, to try to fix the PayPal POODLE payment processing BUG without success. The upgrade failed to work properly, I think perhaps because I might have had some prior database corruption in v1.39. I think this was caused by a few issues.

1. A prior database restore some time ago in the wrong format, possibly UTF format, when it was originally in ISO-88591 format ?
    2. Possibly adding to my woes was my web hosts PHP and MySQL upgrades that then meant they used UFT format as default.
    3. I ended up with corrupt data in my product descriptions with that strange A character with the bar on top of it. This thing here ( Â ) Associated with this was the BUG where my v 1.39 product descriptions would not save properly and I ended up with nothing saved in 1.39 product descriptions. This was another motivation to upgrade to 1.53.

As a result of all the above, the upgrade never worked 100% properly. I came close by importing the old 1.39 data, after dropping all 1.53 tables and running the zc_install to upgrade the database, but then the product info did not display in version 1.53. Other than that it was looking good with all table records matching in 1.39 and 1.53.

In version 1.53, all I could see was small dot in the product description. The product summaries were visible along with the ability to manually enter a product order quantity and fill the shopping cart, however I could not order products. I kept getting that blank page when it tried to re-direct to PayPal after order confirmation via the PayPal Express button. Was also getting that "(35) error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure" message.

I then tried a raw 1.53 install, configured the PayPal express payment module and still got that damn POODLE Error when I tried to process an order.

"An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. () - (35) error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure"

Only now have I found out that I only had to comment out 1 single line of software code in the payment module ( paypal_curl.php ) to make the current site work again. i.e. commented out this line; // CURLOPT_SSLVERSION => 3, // PayPal POODLE Security FIX. i.e. in includes/modules/payment/paypal/paypal_curl.php

Anyway we are now operational with the v 1.39 site again for now. I still need to upgrade my site to a newer version of ZenCart, but for now we can at least process orders. I’ve done an order payment test and it worked ok, so fingers crossed for now up until Christmas. The customers must be very forgiving, because the product descriptions have been trashed here and there, by this other UTF corruption BUG in my current 1.39 version and I can't update the product descriptions, because every time I do, I loose them completely, so we are slowing going backwards with my site.

Looks like I might have to bypass the 1.39 to 1.53 upgrade and start from scratch with 1.53, if I can't get around this data corruption issue. I might try to get around it, by doing the database upgrade, but just reentering the product description data in 1.53 manually. At least then I might have all the other data there, which might avoid having the rebuild the entire data set from scratch.
    Last edited by HeyIts007; 7 Dec 2014 at 06:12 AM.
    Thanks,

Plugin Contributions

As per johnny1114 I can not find // CURLOPT_SSLVERSION => 3, in paypalwpp.php

can you please give us some direction how to fix this issue as described in your tread 'Important announcement about POODLE and payment security'

We can not operate and it is critical especially now.

Thank you

Version I am using is v1.5.1
    Downunder QLD

Plugin Contributions

Did you comment out // CURLOPT_SSLVERSION => 3, // PayPal POODLE Security FIX. i.e. in includes/modules/payment/paypal/paypal_curl.php
    Thanks,

Plugin Contributions

12/20 sitting in my chair and I am seeing emails pop up

Dear store owner,
    An error occurred when attempting to initiate a PayPal Express Checkout
    transaction. As a courtesy, only the error "number" was shown to your
    customer. The details of the error are shown below.

(35) SSL connect error

Zen Cart message: An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment
    processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact
    the store owner for assistance.

Problem occurred while customer was attempting checkout with PayPal
    Express Checkout.

went in and did a search of files

/home/content/37/9871137/html/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_aim.php

Line #575 : curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, 3);

/home/content/37/9871137/html/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_echeck.php

Line #585 : curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, 3);

/home/content/37/9871137/html/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/class.linkpoint_api.php

Line #309 : curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, 3);

/home/content/37/9871137/html/includes/modules/payment/paypal/paypal_curl.php

Line #58 : CURLOPT_SSLVERSION => 3,

/home/content/37/9871137/html/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php

Line #1201 : curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, 3);

added a simple // to them

and all is right and well

Thank you dr byte

Plugin Contributions

i commented out 5 curlopt lines in payment modules (following http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...yment-security) and express checkout seems to work.

however, my shipping module (only 1 line in the usps module that i commented out) is not working:
    cannot select a shipping method. and when i click the paypal button, the total does not include shipping (i.e. 0)?

Plugin Contributions

never mind. it looks like it works, but paypal express checkout is no long "express."

Plugin Contributions

the problem is that customers can pay by paypal without paying shipping... that's trouble

Plugin Contributions

Have you upgraded your shipping module(s)?

For usps, search on usps.php by entering that into: tools->developers toolkit in the lower left corner, verify the dropdown includes the catalog and then click the button on the right. Post the result(s).

Also, what are the sort orders on modules->orders totals and which options are active?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I have made the CURL changes to the Paypal_curl.php file and I have managed to get a paypal payment through , However ....

When clicking on the pay now with paypal button, it directs to paypal fine , i login fine , it redirect back to website but you can not checkout because it says "Please select payment method" but there is nowhere to do this at that part of the page is hidden, and in any case it should be Paypal selected already , and skip that part no?

Any help appreciated to fix this.
    Various Zen cart sites !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast