Plugin Contributions

application error DPS and Paystation Module Fail - "Paystation returned with the following error:"

Hi,

I am having issues with the Paystation Module. After correctly installing and setting up the module I receive the same error with all attempted transactions.

When "Confirm Order" is selected on the final checkout page (Page 3 of 3) I am redirected back to the Payment Information Page (Page 2 of 3) with the error "Paystation returned with the following error:".

I have also tried using the DPS Zen cart mod, which returned a similar error, directing me back to Page 2. However, now when I enable DPS PxPay it does not even appear in the list of payment choices...

As both modules are failing, in very similar ways I am guessing that this is probably not and issue with Paystation or DPS, but an issue with my installation of zen cart.

Any help/pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated as i'm stumped

Running Zen Cart 1.5.1, Tableau Theme, Various Addons installed

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: DPS and Paystation Module Fail - "Paystation returned with the following error:"

Hmm no responses...

I have been trying to work this out for a couple of days now with no joy I have been trying to recreate the issue on a new instance of Zen Cart, but am struggling. Totally baffled.

Any ideas anyone? Is it likely to be caused by two or more modules not being compatible?

Plugin Contributions

Default Session Expires when returning from Payment Gateway for a second time

I am having an issue with the Paystation payment module and my cart, although I am not confident that it is an issue with the module.

When a customer places and order, proceeds to the payment gateway and enters details which fail (e.g. insufficient funds) they are returned to the checkout page. This is fine and works as it should, but when the customer then goes to pay again and enters correct details their account is charged and instead of returning to the checkout success page they are directed to the session expired/log in timeout page.

Anyone have any ideas as to why the session is expiring. I have tried a few things, such as making sure suhosin is not enabled and various different settings in admin/config/sessions to no avail.

The return url set at my gateway is http://www.mywebsite.co.nz/index.php...eckout_success which I believe is correct as it works the first time.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Session Expires when returning from Payment Gateway for a second time

Hmm, I still haven't got anywhere with this. I have tried a few more ideas that have been gained from reading, but with no joy. I thought it may be an issue with the php config, but alas.

Can anybody shine any light on to how the timeout process works? What can cause it, apart from lapsed time? Is it a security thing?

Also, could this be to do with SSL certs? I do not currently have one installed, but find it hard to imagine this would be the problem as the transaction works the first time.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Session Expires when returning from Payment Gateway for a second time

I'm not familiar with your payment method, but the usual return URL for a successful payment is https://www.yoursite.com/index.php?m...eckout_process.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the response. The return URL has been changed, but I am still experiencing the issue.

I have been looking at the cookies generated in hope of finding a solution, but again to no avail. When the timeout occurs the cookie contsainging the zenid is still present, and valid. Are session timeouts controlled by cookies? or have I got the wrognt end of the stick here?

I have also installed SSL certs just encase that was causing the problem.
    Here is my admin/config/sessions:

Session Directory /var/www/zencart/cache
    Cookie Domain True
    Force Cookie Use False
    Check SSL Session ID False
    Check User Agent False
    Check IP Address False
    Prevent Spider Sessions True
    Recreate Session True
    IP to Host Conversion Status true
    Use root path for cookie path False
    Add period prefix to cookie domain False

This all looks good to me, but maybe someone can spot something...

Plugin Contributions

If you wish to recreate the issue then follow these step:
    go to the site www.akin.co.nz
    place an order for an item that will fail (any item that ends .99 will fail as part of the testing environment)
    follow the checkout all the way to the Error stage
    choose to pay again
    enter payment details again
    session will timeout on return

For testing please use these card details:
    [Mastercard]
    card number=5123456789012346
    expiry date=0517
    CSC: 100

Note that any order that ends in .99cents with fail. For success an order must end in .00 (the item Test is $1.00)

Hope this helps to make the issue clearer.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RickyDicky View Post
    ...but when the customer then goes to pay again and enters correct details their account is charged and instead of returning to the checkout success page they are directed to the session expired/log in timeout page.
    Are they *really* only hitting the checkout_process page 2 times? Or is the system (including any background things the paystation module is doing) actually triggering more than 3 hits to the page?

There's a credit-card-slamming protection in checkout which logs the customer out if they've failed payment more than 3 times.
    (And ya, hackers love it when I divulge this tasty fact publicly like this so they can find ways to exploit it.)

Try changing the 3 to 10 in this line (around line 38 likely) in /includes/modules/checkout_process.php:
    Code:
    if ($_SESSION['payment_attempt'] > 3) {

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Tada! Thanks so much, your a star.

Sorry for making you divulge secrets :/

Is it secure to leave this set to 10? I will probably set it to 5 for production anyway. I am guessing it would just make it more vulnerable to a brute force attack, and I don't imagine someone cracking it particualy easily, even if they can try 5 times before timeout.

Thanks again!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

They're not trying to crack your site. They're "slamming" ... which means they're taking their stolen credit card numbers and using your site to test whether they can be charged ... and you pay a fee for every attempted credit card check your site visitors make.

You can set the number to whatever you like. The number simply slows down the abuse by forcing a logout and the need to start all over again in their shopping attempt.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.