Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 93
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    34
    Plugin Contributions
    2

    Default Abandoned Shopping Cart Email Reminder

    We have created a new module that sends out email reminders for users that have abandoned their shopping carts.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Abandoned Shopping Cart Email Reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by gonsman View Post
    We have created a new module that sends out email reminders for users that have abandoned their shopping carts.
    The module is now available here: http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1589

    This module automatically sends a reminder email to a registered user who has abandoned their cart. This is fully automated, and will send the email after however many hours you have set. You may also customize the email templates that are sent to the customer.
    Last edited by swguy; 7 Jan 2013 at 02:25 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    9
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Abandoned Shopping Cart Email Reminder

    This is a great marketing module. Big Thanks to developer!

    Could you please advise if there is any way to see what customers received this email? Any options to track opens, etc.
    Is this only going to be sent once to the same person?

    I've got everything up and running including cron job every hour but would love to be able to get some insights.

    Kind Regards
    Damian K.
    Big Thanks to DEVELOPERS for such a great free Shopping Cart

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    34
    Plugin Contributions
    2

    Default Re: Abandoned Shopping Cart Email Reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by damiankrzyz View Post
    This is a great marketing module. Big Thanks to developer!

    Could you please advise if there is any way to see what customers received this email? Any options to track opens, etc.
    Is this only going to be sent once to the same person?

    I've got everything up and running including cron job every hour but would love to be able to get some insights.

    Kind Regards
    Damian K.
    Hi Damian,

    Thank you for the comments. There is no tracking to see who received or opened the emails. It will only send one email unless the user logs back in and leaves items in their cart again. To make sure the cron is working, I would set the reminder hours to 1, login to the web site, add something to your cart and logout. In an hour you should get an email.

    Thanks

    -Sean

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Abandoned Shopping Cart Email Reminder

    Hello. I have installed the mod on my zen cart install, v1.5.0. The cart_reminder_install.php runs without error. However after install, I see the new configuration section for the Shopping Cart reminder, but when I enter that section there are no options to configure.

    A screen shot is available here: http://inspiredbydominic.com/store/screen.png

    Please let me what I can do to diagnose the issue. Thanks!

    -John
    Last edited by jberman; 18 Feb 2013 at 02:13 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Posts
    1,030
    Plugin Contributions
    13

    Default Re: Abandoned Shopping Cart Email Reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by jberman View Post
    Hello. I have installed the mod on my zen cart install, v1.5.0. The cart_reminder_install.php runs without error. However after install, I see the new configuration section for the Shopping Cart reminder, but when I enter that section there are no options to configure.

    A screen shot is available here: http://inspiredbydominic.com/store/screen.png

    Please let me what I can do to diagnose the issue. Thanks!

    -John
    Looks like you are either missing files, files corrupted during upload or of the sort. Try re-uploading all files one at a time in their proper directories and see if it fixes it.
    PCI Certified Web Hosting - ControlScan, Security Metrics (Platinum Partner), McAfee, TrustKeeper
    Business Class Web Hosting - Linux and cPanel Powered

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    501
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Abandoned Shopping Cart Email Reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by damiankrzyz View Post
    This is a great marketing module. Big Thanks to developer!

    Could you please advise if there is any way to see what customers received this email? Any options to track opens, etc.
    Is this only going to be sent once to the same person?

    I've got everything up and running including cron job every hour but would love to be able to get some insights.

    Kind Regards
    Damian K.
    I am finishing up a drop-in mailbeez module that will utilize the features of mailbeez (tracking, opt outs, etc.).

    No ETA yet, but its in process.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Abandoned Shopping Cart Email Reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by knuckle-101 View Post
    Looks like you are either missing files, files corrupted during upload or of the sort. Try re-uploading all files one at a time in their proper directories and see if it fixes it.
    This has been attempted twice and the screen remains the same.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Posts
    1,030
    Plugin Contributions
    13

    application error Re: Abandoned Shopping Cart Email Reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by jberman View Post
    This has been attempted twice and the screen remains the same.
    Not sure about this one. Did you make sure the SQL was installed properly? As you see in the image it works and all I did was drop the files in their proper directories and upload the SQL . Weird indeed as far as I can tell something did not upload or it corrupted during upload or your SQL was not installed. Maybe someone with the same issue as you have can be more assistance.

    Attachment 11979
    PCI Certified Web Hosting - ControlScan, Security Metrics (Platinum Partner), McAfee, TrustKeeper
    Business Class Web Hosting - Linux and cPanel Powered

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Abandoned Shopping Cart Email Reminder

    There were SQL errors in the cart_reminder_install.php (latest version).

    On line 46:
    Code:
    $sql = "UPDATE `".DB_PREFIX."configuration_group` SET `sort_order` = $last_id WHERE `configuration_group_id`=";
    The "configuration_group_id" variable isn't passed into the statement. I commented this out.

    In addition to that, the statements that follow do not append the DB_PREFIX to the configuration table.

    i.e.
    Code:
    $sql = "INSERT INTO configuration ...
    should be
    Code:
    $sql = "INSERT INTO `".DB_PREFIX."configuration` ...
    Thanks for all your help!

 

 
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Aftersales Email Module: Review Reminder
    By BeautyHealth.com.cy in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27 Jul 2010, 12:00 AM
  2. Shopping Cart reminder?
    By mitch_h in forum General Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25 Aug 2009, 04:08 PM
  3. Abandoned shopping cart
    By 5869 in forum General Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16 Aug 2008, 04:26 AM
  4. Auto/Manual Email for Review Reminder?
    By cpjfox in forum Managing Customers and Orders
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13 Mar 2008, 04:15 AM
  5. Recover Abandoned Cart Sales
    By gardengate in forum Customization from the Admin
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 6 Nov 2006, 04:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR