Plugin Contributions

Default Payments Pro - Can it be used without account?

Hi,

have been using PayPal Express and recently added WPP which is great but only works when customer is logged in.

1. How can WPP be configured so customer does NOT have to be logged in for it to work??
    2. Checkout Page ('Login' page?)- I want to change the layout of this very confusing page - I know I can change text in includes/templates/template_default/tpl_login_default.php but where can I change the format and positioning of the boxes?
    3. I would really like a seamless process from cart page direct to a versatile payment page, Credit Card or PayPal - currently losing so many customers over PayPal / Credit Card confusion

cheers,
    Mike

site http://www.treeoflifejewellery.com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payments Pro - Can it be used without account?

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    PayPal / Credit Card confusion
    What exactly is the confusion? Be extremely specific.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    What exactly is the confusion? Be extremely specific.
    Hi Doc,
    The confusion is two-fold;
    1. Customers are presented with too many options after hitting "go to checkout" button on shopping cart page - for my purposes I see no advantage in a customer needing to use their account, or create an account to check out. The advantages of checking previous purchases, tracking order progress etc are irrelevant in my opinion (for my sites anyway).
    2. The page is actually called 'Login' as is the php that governs that page - that is confusing in itself particularly for a customer simply wanting to check out. I personally am not interested in creating an account when I purchase something online, it is time consuming and irrelevant if I have no intention at that point in time of coming back to that site to buy product on a continuing basis, e.g. like the site being a supplier of product to my business. I simply just want to pay for my item and get on with the next thing I want to do.
    3. when a customer wants to use credit card, i.e. they do not have a PayPal account upon seeing the PayPal payment page (EC) they are sent to, they are confused because they do not have a PayPal account and did not elect to "Checkout with PayPal" on the cart page, they simply asked to check out, many hit back button at this point. I have a lot of customers emailing asking how can they checkout using credit card - PayPal is fully aware of the issue according to the consultant now looking after our account - it was at his instigation that I have now activated WPP, which in its current state is useless as a fast checkout method.
    4. I have on all my sites on the 'login / checkout' page an explanation to customers saying that even if you do not have a PayPal account you need to use the PayPal Express checkout page where you can use your credit card (except the one mentioned in here because I just modified it in anticipation of being able to link directly to WPP checkout) - and that is confusing in itself! Customers do not read, they look and click!
    5. in simplistic terms all I need is the url link that initiates the WPP process (3 page checkout) (instead of currently /ipn_main_handler.php?type=ec) that way I can put that link into anchor text "Express Checkout - click here" so that the customer does not have to be logged in or go through the painful process of establishing an account - then do way altogether with the current 'login / checkout' page.

I hope that is detailed enough.

cheers,
    Mike

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like all you need is to install a guest-checkout addon -- many merchants have used either the COWOA (check out without account) addon or Fast And Easy Checkout addon to allow guest checkout. Then after they've supplied their name and email address they'll be able to pay without giving any further information.
    If you're shipping products to them, then of course you'll need address info.
    So then the only difference between 'an account' and 'no account' is the selection of a password. Everything else is still needed for order fulfillment.

COWOA is what I've seen most stores use.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.