Plugin Contributions

Default Can't add option values to new attributes

I recently upgraded from 1.3.9 to 1.5.3

So my text option stopped working. I had a customer enter their NAME on a custom product. It worked fin in the old version. Now after they enter their name and add the product to their cart, it kicks the product put of the cart saying "We are sorry but selected options have changed for this product and have been removed from our inventory at this time.
    This item has been removed from your shopping cart."

So i see that my text attribute option no longer works. I try to add a new attribute with a radio/dropdown box and when I enter a value to the attribute, I get an error page stating "Warning, please refresh page & try again". And of course this attribute will not add itself to the product. I'm assuming it is something in the new version of Zen Cart because it worked perfectly fine in the older version.

Can anyone help??

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't add option values to new attributes

My first guess is that you are missing a setting(s) in a table(s) ...

First, check via phpMyAdmin, that in your database that you have in the table:
    products_options_values

A setting for products_options_values_name TEXT ...

If not, you can add it with:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO products_options_values (products_options_values_id, language_id, products_options_values_name) VALUES (0, 1, 'TEXT');
    Next, search the table:
    configuration

for the configuration_key of:
    PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT
    UPLOAD_PREFIX
    TEXT_PREFIX

If any are missing, you can fix them with these:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('Product option type Select', 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT', '0', 'The number representing the Select type of product option.', 6, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('Upload prefix', 'UPLOAD_PREFIX', 'upload_', 'Prefix used to differentiate between upload options and other options', 6, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('Text prefix', 'TEXT_PREFIX', 'txt_', 'Prefix used to differentiate between text option values and other option values', 6, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I am having a similar issue, but I'm running 1.5.1 I'm just not able to add attribute option values since upgrading. I am really nervous about having to go into the code to fix this issue....

Another issue I've found since upgrading is that under Reports, there is no option for Sales Reports. Are these known issues?
    -emiLy & Ryan Quick
    TheECstore.com

Plugin Contributions

Is this perhaps a help for your Attributes problem?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...29-with-v1-5-1
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!