Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dutch language pack support thread

Quote Originally Posted by shrimp-gumbo-mmmhhh View Post
    Philibel/Design75 if you would consider adding the zc_install like torvista's Spanish pack it would allow people to install Zen Cart in their own language...
    Wow-wow, shrimp-gumbo-mmmhhh, are you a fortune teller?

It was already in the to do list for July. But I'm planning to place them as separate plugins. For multi-lingual stores, only the one in the admin's native language is needed and not the optional languages for customers.

The Display log module only has about 3 sentences that need a translation

But that's exactly what the zc_plugin folder is about. The one that is in all three of the language packs.
    Language_Pack_files\zc_plugins\DisplayLogs\v3.0.0\admin\includes\languages\that_ language\ display_logs.php and extra_definitions-folder\display_logs_name.php
    The first has 26 definitions of which one long one, the latter only two short ones.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Philibel View Post
    Wow-wow, shrimp-gumbo-mmmhhh, are you a fortune teller?

It was already in the to do list for July. But I'm planning to place them as separate plugins. For multi-lingual stores, only the one in the admin's native language is needed and not the optional languages for customers.

But that's exactly what the zc_plugin folder is about. The one that is in all three of the language packs.
    Language_Pack_files\zc_plugins\DisplayLogs\v3.0.0\admin\includes\languages\that_ language\ display_logs.php and extra_definitions-folder\display_logs_name.php
    The first has 26 definitions of which one long one, the latter only two short ones.

Great! One language pack takes up roughly 2MB (actually less than) of space and 332 files.... it would be nice to see 10 of the worlds most common languages as standard in the download so that no other downloads were needed.... only talking 3,320 files and 20mb of space to open it up.

Please forgive... I am doing multiple things at the same time and things start running together.... so forgot that Display logs was not in the zc_install.

Thank you for all your doing!

Plugin Contributions

Question: Is it true that if you ain't Dutch, you ain't much?
    I have heard this (mostly from Dutch people.)
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Question: Is it true that if you ain't Dutch, you ain't much?
    I have heard this (mostly from Dutch people.)
    That's an American expression from people whose ancestors were Dutch. As it's not an expression used in The Netherlands or the Dutch speaking area.
    In The Netherlands (mostly the area what we call above/north of the rivers) they'll call such people "kouwe kak".
    You can test their knowledge of Dutch by answering that as a test.
    For pronunciation and translation, I'll have refer you to Google Translate <=link

Enjoy!

Plugin Contributions

That's an American expression from people whose ancestors were Dutch. As it's not an expression used in The Netherlands or the Dutch speaking area.
    In The Netherlands (mostly the area what we call above/north of the rivers) they'll call such people "kouwe kak".
    You can test their knowledge of Dutch by answering that as a test.
    For pronunciation and translation, I'll have refer you to Google Translate <=link

Enjoy!
    Are you Dutch Philibel? I was talking to some Dutch guys on a game and told them my great grandmother was Dutch and told them she was known for having a terrible temper. They said that Dutch people don't have bad tempers. LOL...

Plugin Contributions

Are you Dutch Philibel?
    Depends on the definition. Nationality, language, cultural, ...

A type of temper doesn't depend on where you're from but more to a mix of genetics, upbringing, cultural, life experiences, ... so that claim is to say it like a psychologist would say: total BS.

Also in the north people have in general more a habit of strait out saying what they mean to your face. In cultures where this isn't done, it can be seen as rude or bad tempered. It's all in the eyes of the beholder.

Plugin Contributions

Depends on the definition. Nationality, language, cultural, ...

A type of temper doesn't depend on where you're from but more to a mix of genetics, upbringing, cultural, life experiences, ... so that claim is to say it like a psychologist would say: total BS.

Also in the north people have in general more a habit of strait out saying what they mean to your face. In cultures where this isn't done, it can be seen as rude or bad tempered. It's all in the eyes of the beholder.
    :) I think you could say she was angry a lot....

Plugin Contributions

Typo found in /includes/languages/dutch/checkout_payment.php

Line #27 : define('TITLE_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE', '<strong>Doorgaan naar Stap 4</strong>');

should be:

Line #27 : define('TITLE_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE', '<strong>Doorgaan naar Stap 3</strong>');

Plugin Contributions

I was going to try to rebuild this language pack but I am too busy and cannot do it. Someone else will have to. Apologies, Shrimp-Gumbo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123