Plugin Contributions

Default Discount coupon sent after purchasing a certain item

Hi Folks

Question for you all.

Is there a way to send out a discount or voucher code when a customer purchases a particular item (not the whole site or by an order total) but say Mr Joe Bloggs purchases a particular book - I want to offer a 10% discount code of his next purchase - but only if that certain book is purchased?

Can this be done?

I've spent way too long staring at the screen looking on how this cane be done and now my head hurts :)

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Discount coupon sent after purchasing a certain item

What happens if the customer returns the purchased item? If they claim payment fraud?

Probably safer to follow up with the customer who purchased the item (once the product has been received) and verify they are happy with the order / product. Then (after a preset amount of time) if all is well, manually create a onetime coupon (for the customer) as a "Thank you for providing feedback about your recent shopping experience. Blah Blah Blah. Here is a coupon for 10% off your next purchase (optionally before XYZ date)."
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker