Plugin Contributions

Default Page scrolling beyond footer.

Hi All,

I am using zen cart v153 and the stirling grand template. Recently I noticed the page is scrolling way beyond the footer. It can only have been a recent change I've somehow made but I'm not sure what ive done. I have searched for hours to find out what causes this but cant find any info about it.

I checked with firebug to see if it would highlight the problem but it just shows the code for the background.

I don't want to give my site url here as it's an adult site but have added an image so you can see what I'm talking about.

I tried setting the stylesheet and footer_menu css file back to the original template files to see if I could identify which file was having the problem but the long background was still there with either change. I can't think where else to look, or what else to look for so would really appreciate any help!

Thank you.

Deby
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Page scrolling beyond footer.

I doubt if anyone will be able to help without seeing the site. It's OK to post links to adult-themed sites here as long as you include a warning (or you can PM a link to me).

Plugin Contributions

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your reply. I've sent you a pm for now :)

Debby

Plugin Contributions

I can't see exactly why, but it seems to be caused by this rule in the 'misc' section of stylesheet.css;

.back {float:left;}

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by newbie_girl View Post
    Hi All,

I am using zen cart v153 and the stirling grand template. Recently I noticed the page is scrolling way beyond the footer. It can only have been a recent change I've somehow made but I'm not sure what ive done. I have searched for hours to find out what causes this but cant find any info about it.

I checked with firebug to see if it would highlight the problem but it just shows the code for the background.

I don't want to give my site url here as it's an adult site but have added an image so you can see what I'm talking about.

I tried setting the stylesheet and footer_menu css file back to the original template files to see if I could identify which file was having the problem but the long background was still there with either change. I can't think where else to look, or what else to look for so would really appreciate any help!

Thank you.

Deby
    This normally happens when you have a long list of categories or manufacturers. Even though the menu is hidden until hover, it is still taking up the space on the page.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your replies. I do have long maufacturer and product lists in the menu. Would it be possible to configure the drop down menu to scroll horizontally instead of vertically so it doesn't take up so much space?