Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Numinex Product Fields ca6e9a8

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    bislewl provded the link to the master branch for the plugin that is available from github... In review of the new "version" there may be a method of upgrade provided that doesn't require completely uninstalling. If there is not an upgrade path provided, (which honestly numinix products tend to be relatively well documented) then yes I would suggest uninstallation to "keep things simple"... Not always required, but it does simplify troubleshooting in the event an issue arises. :)
    Most of the Numinix modules are designed for you to be able to copy over the top, and the module will upgrade them selves on the next admin page load. Unless otherwise noted. Many times you may find empty files, because the previous file has been changed or perhaps no longer needed. This then overwrites the old file, and makes it able to be installed "over the top of" the old module. Uninstalling a numinix module to upgrade is rarely needed.

Plugin Contributions

Is it correct then, and I say this in case others are looking at this module... that the "Numinex Product Fields ca6e9a8" uploaded to the Plugins section of this site, the one dated September 19, 2014, is not actually ready for 1.5.3 but just there for the sake of testing and fixing?

Can I assume that the previous Version: 2.0.0, also apparently uploaded on the same day, also modified for 1.5.3 is one that works?

Plugin Contributions

OK.. they are the same file.

Does it work for anyone running 1.5.3 on a Linux server? I can't get it to work and have uninstalled on a fresh 1.5.3 zencart and re-installed and downloaded it fresh and started over at least twice. I have the older version working on 1.5.1. and need the extra fields for this project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    bislewl provded the link to the master branch for the plugin that is available from github... In review of the new "version" there may be a method of upgrade provided that doesn't require completely uninstalling. If there is not an upgrade path provided, (which honestly numinix products tend to be relatively well documented) then yes I would suggest uninstallation to "keep things simple"... Not always required, but it does simplify troubleshooting in the event an issue arises. :)
    I saw some differences in this Master download at the link in this post. Even with another clean install it throws errors so I'll assume this is not yet stable and hope to hear when it is for 1.5.3. As I've said, I do have an older version of this working on 1.5.1. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Looking for advice on this addon to have it show on the Product Pages.
    I am using ZC 1.53 and have tried installing both Numinex Product Fields ca6e9a8 from the download link and also the "master" latest update.
    They both install but without any confirmation notice on the admin screen, but neither will update the DB (mysql) I have to go in and add the fields manually.
    They do update the admin Categories / Products form.
    The issue I am having is I cannot find where they update anything else, I would assume there should be an update somewhere under the admin-configuration which would allow to activate or deactivate the new fields.
    I did manually edit the DB zen_product_type_layout SHOW_PRODUCT_INFO_UPC configuration_value = 1
    I did merge the templates>tpl_product_info_display
    <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_condition == 1 and $products_condition != '') ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_CONDITION . $products_condition . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
    <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_upc == 1 and $products_upc != '') ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_UPC . $products_upc . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
    <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_isbn == 1 and $products_isbn != '') ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_ISBN . $products_isbn . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
    <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_sku == 1 and $products_sku != '') ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_SKU . $products_sku . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
    I have added a couple upc codes to a couple products just to test (12 digit numeric) and still cannot get anything to show on the product page.
    Looking through the files I found there were an number of folders named YOUR_ADMIN, I changed those to my admin folders name and then saw that the code seems to be looking for the folders YOUR_ADMIN so I changed them back and reinstalled.
    I am lost as to what I am missing with this install.
    Thanks for any advice.

Plugin Contributions

I have used this plug-in through several versions of ZC with no problems except for this latest version will not install the optional fields in the DB. I have never had the UPC show on the store front product page - only in the ADMIN product entry page or on the attributes page when using Stock by Attribute plug in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12