Plugin Contributions

Default Download Product - Download Free Product with Paid Product

I have several software products which are purchased and downloaded. In the Product Attributes I set each product up for downloading. This has been working properly for some time.

Now, with the purchase of a particular paid product, I want to include another software product which is free. This free software product does not currently have a product ID I just want to throw it in as a freebe to download.

Solution 1: Possible Work Around: In Admin, Order Update. Order Update #4 = 'Your Order is Ready For Download [4]'. I could include a link in the 'Comments' box pointing to the download. I could cut-n-paste the generic link into the Comments box for certain downloads, as I catch them but, this leaves the process open to error.

Solution 2: Set the product up as 'No Cost' item with a product ID and download. Is that possible with no cost on the product?

Solution 3: Is there a way to include a second free product download when the customer purchases say, product ID= #31, #32, #33 etc.?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Download Product - Download Free Product with Paid Product

24 hours and 79 views later no one has a possible answer for me? Maybe I misstated the question.
    I have a CD that is being sold. It has been working with with 2 options for a couple years now. I am adding a third option.

Option 1: tell me what state you live in. The drop down lists 50 states (not 57). Buyer selects correct state.
    Option 2: Tell me how you want to receive the files. Do you want to 1.download the files, 2. Ship the CD, 3. Download and Ship, 4. Download ISO
    This week I tried to add a third option.
    Option 3: Would you like to download the 'Free Software Viewer' with this order? (Default check box is ticked/marked)

When the Order is updated in the Admin panel to 'Ready for Download [4]'
    Pending [1]
    Processing [2]
    Shipped [3]
    Ready for Download [4]

The customer receives notice that the product is ready for download. (If he selected download)
    Customer logs in to his account and goes to My Account, Previous Order, View. There he will see two download buttons.
    The first item will download properly as it has for a couple years and the second one will not. Buyer receive the following when pressing the second button;

You don't have permission to access /zcart/pub/.ymnpzpywvlbvyfkewm/FreeViewer.exe on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.mystore.net Port 80

Is there a ZC matter that needs to be addressed? Is there a SSL matter that needs attention?

Plugin Contributions

It would be better to Zip the exe file ...

Right now. the problem is that exe is not an allowed extension in the .htacess files in:
    /download
    /pub

While you could edit those two files and add the exe to the list of allowed files, I would feel more comfortable if that file was a Zip file than an exe, but I am just a paranoid sort and do not like allowing exe files in those directories ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Tnx. sounds logical. I'll try the zip route. The other files are zipped.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    It would be better to Zip the exe file ...
    Right now. the problem is that exe is not an allowed extension in the .htacess files in:
    /download
    /pub
    Yes the problem was the .exe extension. When .exe's removed all works well. Thank you so much for being there Linda. Coffee's on me.
    Zip the files we did. That also allowed us to add a ReadMe.txt in to the zip.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that this worked for you ... I just really prefer not to allow .exe files and the Zip does avoid things like that ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!