Plugin Contributions

Default "Mobile Zen Cart" - Anyone using this?

All, I purchased "Mobile Zen Cart" almost a year ago, and viola! I have a easy to use mobile zencart - or so I thought! Paid $99 for the software, but they give no support, because "our product works!" and if you need support you can pay for it.

Just this week, I discovered that we have lost over $500 in "zero dollar orders" - on investigation, I find out that on the iPad or Mobile device, if someone adds an order where we use GRID (and all our tickets are GRID based - the items are put into the cart at ZERO value and checkout process is free. As well sell concert tickets for our non-profit, and there are many small transactions, we never noticed this and sent out tickets without seeing that the order value was zero.

I cannot seem to get an answer from this company on how to fix it, and I wondered if any other Zenners had/have this issue and how it could be fixed.

On their site they say:
    "
    Below you will find a list of all files required for Mobile ZenCart to work.
    If you have the premium version, this list will also include all files in the YOUR_STORE_FOLDER/zencart-mobile-install/ directory.

• YOUR_STORE_FOLDER/includes/auto_loader/config.mobile.php
    • YOUR_STORE_FOLDER/includes/classes/Mobile_Detect.php
    • YOUR_STORE_FOLDER/includes/classes/template_func.php*(Core file)
    • YOUR_STORE_FOLDER/includes/classes/ProductsFetcher.class.php
    • YOUR_STORE_FOLDER/includes/extra_datafiles/mobile_detect_data
    • YOUR_STORE_FOLDER/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/mobile_language.php
    • YOUR_STORE_FOLDER/includes/modules/ezpages_all.php
    • YOUR_STORE_FOLDER/includes/templates/default_mobile/ -> entire folder "

So no idea where to start to find the problem, Anyone out there able to help please?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Mobile Zen Cart" - Anyone using this?

I can see a couple of ways to go about addressing this. It appears as if the template provider has indicated some path to update/upgrade the software; however, on another note there are several templates available for download from this site alone that support mobile devices (responsive template) and do not foul the add-to-cart process such as has come to be an issue with your site.

With regards to the list of files identified, my read of that information is that if any of those files/folders are not present then the mobile version of the store will not work... It does not come out and say that there are/are not other files that have been modified as part of its operation. That said also, the files in the

YOUR_STORE_FOLDER/includes/templates/default_mobile/ -> entire folder "

would appear to be the ones to review for accuracy of implementation/operation... Because this plugin appears to operate under its own template system rather than the ZC template override system, installation of other plugins may have interfered with its operation or ability to accurately determine pricing. I do not know what is meant by using GRID so am unable to provide an assessment as to why those specific devices are resulting in zero dollar purchases... My guess is that if GRID is not actually an inherent part of ZC (assuming that GRID stands for some other application or plugin) that the two are not written to interact with each other properly (again part of the problem of "Mobile Zen Cart" using its own template system and installation of GRID may not have properly been incorporated into it... Sorry for all the hearsay..

Immediate suggestion though might be to either disable the use of GRID or remove the mobile template to prevent any further such zero dollar purchases... Or to modify the approval process internally to monitor for such attempts and make contact with the customer(s) upon observation so as to prevent any further loss of non-profit funds...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cliffvt View Post
    All, I purchased "Mobile Zen Cart" almost a year ago, and viola! I have a easy to use mobile zencart - or so I thought! Paid $99 for the software, but they give no support, because "our product works!" and if you need support you can pay for it.

Just this week, I discovered that we have lost over $500 in "zero dollar orders" - on investigation, I find out that on the iPad or Mobile device, if someone adds an order where we use GRID (and all our tickets are GRID based - the items are put into the cart at ZERO value and checkout process is free. As well sell concert tickets for our non-profit, and there are many small transactions, we never noticed this and sent out tickets without seeing that the order value was zero.

I cannot seem to get an answer from this company on how to fix it, and I wondered if any other Zenners had/have this issue and how it could be fixed.

On their site they say:
    "
    Below you will find a list of all files required for Mobile ZenCart to work.
    If you have the premium version, this list will also include all files in the YOUR_STORE_FOLDER/zencart-mobile-install/ directory.

• YOUR_STORE_FOLDER/includes/auto_loader/config.mobile.php
    • YOUR_STORE_FOLDER/includes/classes/Mobile_Detect.php
    • YOUR_STORE_FOLDER/includes/classes/template_func.php*(Core file)
    • YOUR_STORE_FOLDER/includes/classes/ProductsFetcher.class.php
    • YOUR_STORE_FOLDER/includes/extra_datafiles/mobile_detect_data
    • YOUR_STORE_FOLDER/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/mobile_language.php
    • YOUR_STORE_FOLDER/includes/modules/ezpages_all.php
    • YOUR_STORE_FOLDER/includes/templates/default_mobile/ -> entire folder "

So no idea where to start to find the problem, Anyone out there able to help please?
    I would recommend just using one of the free responsive templates offered in the plugins section here. There are many advantages to using a responsive design as opposed to having a separate mobile template including:

* better for SEO to have only one site--having more than one version of your web site makes it harder for Google to index and rank your site in searches
    * easier to maintain--changes only need to be made to one set of files

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Thansk so much for your detailed response. by GRID I mean the Option type GRID, i.e. two options that have a type GRID assigned to them and then allows a user to enter a quanityt for each grid opton value and then add to cart, whcih works fine in the normal ZenCart template environment.

So for example

T-SHIRT
    Yellow - qty
    red - Qty
    Blue - qty

in a grid... etc..

Cheers

Ckfif

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cliffvt View Post
    Thansk so much for your detailed response. by GRID I mean the Option type GRID, i.e. two options that have a type GRID assigned to them and then allows a user to enter a quanityt for each grid opton value and then add to cart, whcih works fine in the normal ZenCart template environment.

So for example

T-SHIRT
    Yellow - qty
    red - Qty
    Blue - qty

in a grid... etc..

Cheers

Ckfif
    That was my thought, but didn't want to assume.

That is a plugin that modifies/amplifies ZC functionality and is not part of the core code. Something about its installation and functionality is not merged with your mobile template code and as Anne suggested, a responsive template would be recommended... Mind you she is the author of several versions and they are certainly compatible with ZC and have not led to issues described.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...