Plugin Contributions

Default More than one product doesn't show in categories

Hello. I'm new with zen cart and need help please.
    I've installed fresh V1.53 zen cart and have now a problem. When I create category or sub-categories and trying to add products the first product shows up but then when I add the second one the category is empty despite the products still in the admin page and visible in the side box as a new products. Please help me with this issue. Many Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: More than one product doesn't show in categories

Are products and sub-categories in the same category?

(I.e.: Category1 has a sub-category of Category2, Category1 also has a product in it)

A category/sub-category can contain either sub-categories or products, not both... If this does not describe your situation, then perhaps a link to the site and/or more information would help. Any/which plug-ins have been installed. When indicating that the product doesn't appear is it a partial white screen or is it reported that the category doesn't have any products and everything else about the screen appears as expected?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hi. Thank you for a quick reply. I've tried setting up categories->sub category-product. Then just one category->product. Same result. Blank page with no error message. Fresh zen installation with Russian pack added. www.auctions-bay.com/direct.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by violity View Post
    Hi. Thank you for a quick reply. I've tried setting up categories->sub category-product. Then just one category->product. Same result. Blank page with no error message. Fresh zen installation with Russian pack added. www.auctions-bay.com/direct.
    Hmmm.. Have the same problem before installation of the Russian pack?

Looked at site, only saw one product from all perspectives. No second product appeared available either in a category or as a "new" product...

Be sure that the new product is active, and that no date is entered in the "product available on" field.

Plugin Contributions

Not tested it before adding Russian. Just added it straight after installation. now added second product to and both are disappeared.

Plugin Contributions

Just one remark: by adding Russian language pack I did abandon general_function.php file because by FTP it the site turned blank completely so decided ignore it with original zen cart file

Plugin Contributions

Just one remark: by adding Russian language pack I did abandon general_function.php file because by FTP it the site turned blank completely so decided ignore it with original zen cart file
    With that being the case, it would be suggested that the general_function.php file (and any other files overwritten or overridden by the plugin) be compared with the ZC version reported to be compatible with the Russian language pack to see what changes were made to the file(s) and then make equivalent changes to the ZC version 1.5.3 file(s)... That may be part of the issue, especially if that (and other files) was modified to work support the plugin...

If you don't have a compare utility, there are several. Some are recommended on this site, though it has been a while since I have looked them up. Winmerge or Beyond Compare (available on multiple platforms) are two that come to mind.

Plugin Contributions

Not tested it before adding Russian. Just added it straight after installation. now added second product to and both are disappeared.
    BTW, looking at the resulting page, a partial blank page is being experienced... This is indication of an error occurring and error logs should be generated in your logs folder (myDEBUG****** files)

If you view source on the page, the code ends at <!-- eof upload alerts --> and the footer etc.. is not loaded.

If files are not generated, then verify that your includes/configure.php has the correct path for your logs folder. I don't know why, but I have recently seen that upon installation some have had incorrect paths to the logs folder. This in itself will prevent the writing of error files to the appropriate location. If that path is wrong, verify that the path in the SECRET_ADMIN/includes/configure.php file ends up being correctly populated.

Plugin Contributions

It seems to be ok: define('DIR_FS_LOGS', '/var/www/vhosts/auctions-bay.com/httpdocs/direct/logs');