Plugin Contributions

Default Deleting v1.5.3 from server

I'm trying to uninstall ZC 1.5.3 to install 1.5.1 because of a certain add on I'm trying to install. I just deleted the entire folder from my server, and followed the install instructions for 1.5.1 and have it to the point where new stores begin. It's showing the default zen cart store just fine. But when I log in to admin, it's showing that I'm still running 1.5.3 and that I'm running database patch 1.5.1. So it's trying to get me to upgrade that portion. How do I go about deleting the entire thing so I'm actually running 1.5.1?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Deleting v1.5.3 from server

It is STRONGLY recommended to never "downgrade" ... because there may be loss of data in doing so.

In the case of downgrading from 1.5.3, all your passwords will be broken, so neither your customers nor your admins will be able to log in.
    In that case the only way to downgrade and keep all passwords working is to wipe the database from the server and restore the database from the backup you made manually before upgrading in the first place. Same with all your PHP files. The real down-side to that though is that you'll also lose all order and customer history between now and when you did that backup.

Which specific plugin is causing problems? And how business-critical is it "today" to have it working?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Freeburg View Post
    It's showing the default zen cart store just fine. But when I log in to admin, it's showing that I'm still running 1.5.3 and that I'm running database patch 1.5.1. So it's trying to get me to upgrade that portion. How do I go about deleting the entire thing so I'm actually running 1.5.1?
    Perhaps your 2 configure.php files are pointing to different databases? There are a few things different about both of those files, but the DB_XXXXXX settings need to be the same in both. Which DB_XXXXX settings are different, and why?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

This is a brand new store. So there aren't any customers, transactions, or anything like that to lose. Which is good. ha. So it's not really time dependent. I've worked on installing a template and getting it the layout the way I wanted it. I was trying to install the Dynamic Filter. The store will have upwards of 5,000 unique products, all that look very similar, so having a filtering option is almost a necessity for the store. I got the filter installed and working but it was causing bugs. When I went to get help for that I found out that it's not set up for 1.5.3 and with not knowing when it will be released, I was suggested to go to 1.5.1 where the filter works perfectly. Like I said, besides having the store set up in layout and such, I had only added around 200 products. So while it would be nice to keep that stuff and downgrade, if I have to start completely over, that's okay. But I can't get it to show an actual different version.

Plugin Contributions

There are tools that can help with the export of product information which is in a sense ZC version independent. So you would be able to keep that initial 200 couunt of product. EasyPopulate or Apsona come to mind for this.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Freeburg View Post
    I'm trying to uninstall ZC 1.5.3 to install 1.5.1 because of a certain add on I'm trying to install......
    If this add on is available from the plugins area of Zen Cart it should be possible to make it compatible with ZC 1.5.3

If it is a commercial add on then you could get in touch with the developers and ask them to make their code compatible with ZC 1.5.3

I, for one, would never downgrade, simply because of security issues......

Just my 5 cents

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    I, for one, would never downgrade, simply because of security issues......
    I would never try a downgrade either. Not for security reasons, but simply because it's more of a pain to do than the original upgrade and even fixing any incompatible modules. It is far to easy to lose data and/or make the site non functional with a downgrade.

I'm not averse to wiping out a failed upgrade and restoring from an older backup before trying again though.

Cheers
    RodG