Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Restrict Digital Downloads [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    v1.1.0 has been submitted to the plugins and will be available here (http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1933) once approved.

You can also download the plugin from its github repository: https://github.com/lat9/restrict_dig...ses/tag/v1.1.0
    v1.1.0 is now available for download from the Zen Cart Plugins.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I really love the concept of this plugin and would really like to use this for my digital store (i only selling digital zip files that contain graphic designed scrapbooking images)

I am having a problem with the installation of the files that are placed into the includes/YOUR TEMPLATE area as they are causing my product info display page to break.

When I have the Restrict Digital Downloads installed and place the four product type folders within the YOUR TEMPLATE area being document_general_info, document_product_info, document_info, and document_music_info my site becomes broken within the layout design of the product info display page.

My template uses tab areas for the Description, Details, Reviews and a Custom Tab. The attached image is how the page should look

As soon as I removed these four folders and the content file they each have called "restrict_digital_downloads.php" the problem was fixed with the layout of the product display information on my website.

You can see the broken product display info page at this link here:
    http://www.beehavendesignz.com/shop/...&products_id=1

I would really appreciate your pointers please in what I need to do to allow the use of the Restrict Digital Downloads with my current site template.
    Melanie
    beehavendesignz DOT com

Plugin Contributions

If anyone has trouble with their site template displaying incorrectly after installing the RDD plugin I suggest you look at this solution for Lat9 below as this helped me to solve the problem I was having with the Westminster New responsive template.

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Rick, use your admin's Tools->Developers Tool Kit and search for $template->get_template_dir. What you're looking for are (poorly coded) constructs that look like:
    Code:
    <?php echo $template->get_template_dir('',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'jscript') . '/css_browser_selector.js';
    See how the first variable is an empty string? You'd change the above to
    Code:
    <?php echo $template->get_template_dir('css_browser_selector.js',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'jscript') . '/css_browser_selector.js';
    to correct the error. Repeat for each instance found.

FOR THE WESTMINSTER NEW Responsive Template you need to make two corrections:

After some digging and research on the forum I have found the fix to the problem with the product info display and it is a small code bug in the Westminster New template files that i fixed. I wanted to post the solution here so others can use the fix and that you could update your code for any future releases :-)

There are two files with a variable that is an empty string, the two files are:

includes/templates/westminster_new/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php
    templates/westminster_new/common/html_header.php

Open includes/templates/westminster_new/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php and FIND:
    Code:
     <script src="<?php echo $template->get_template_dir('',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'jscript') . '/easyResponsiveTabs.js' ?>" type="text/javascript"></script>
    Replace with:
    Code:
    <script src="<?php echo $template->get_template_dir('easyResponsiveTabs.js',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'jscript') . '/easyResponsiveTabs.js' ?>" type="text/javascript"></script>
    Next OPEN templates/westminster_new/common/html_header.php and FIND:
    Code:
     <script src="<?php echo $template->get_template_dir('',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'jscript') . '/css_browser_selector.js' ?>" type="text/javascript"></script>
    Replace with:
    Code:
    <script src="<?php echo $template->get_template_dir('css_browser_selector.js',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'jscript') . '/css_browser_selector.js' ?>" type="text/javascript"></script>
    I used the admin's Tools->Developers Tool Kit and search for $template->get_template_dir and checked for any variable that is an empty string.
    Last edited by missesbeehaven; 9 May 2015 at 06:57 AM.
    Melanie
    beehavendesignz DOT com

Plugin Contributions

If you look back through the Westminster_New support thread, around POST #408 in early January 2015, you will find several additional, similar edits that should also be made.

Quote Originally Posted by missesbeehaven View Post
    If anyone has trouble with their site template displaying incorrectly after installing the RDD plugin I suggest you look at this solution for Lat9 below as this helped me to solve the problem I was having with the Westminster New responsive template.

FOR THE WESTMINSTER NEW Responsive Template you need to make two corrections:

After some digging and research on the forum I have found the fix to the problem with the product info display and it is a small code bug in the Westminster New template files that i fixed. I wanted to post the solution here so others can use the fix and that you could update your code for any future releases :-)

There are two files with a variable that is an empty string, the two files are:

includes/templates/westminster_new/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php
    templates/westminster_new/common/html_header.php

Open includes/templates/westminster_new/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php and FIND:
    Code:
     <script src="<?php echo $template->get_template_dir('',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'jscript') . '/easyResponsiveTabs.js' ?>" type="text/javascript"></script>
    Replace with:
    Code:
    <script src="<?php echo $template->get_template_dir('easyResponsiveTabs.js',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'jscript') . '/easyResponsiveTabs.js' ?>" type="text/javascript"></script>
    Next OPEN templates/westminster_new/common/html_header.php and FIND:
    Code:
     <script src="<?php echo $template->get_template_dir('',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'jscript') . '/css_browser_selector.js' ?>" type="text/javascript"></script>
    Replace with:
    Code:
    <script src="<?php echo $template->get_template_dir('css_browser_selector.js',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'jscript') . '/css_browser_selector.js' ?>" type="text/javascript"></script>
    I used the admin's Tools->Developers Tool Kit and search for $template->get_template_dir and checked for any variable that is an empty string.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

I'm having difficulty with some US IP addresses being blocked. For example, this one: 45.36.115.222.

An IP lookup shows it's in North Carolina. But the customer says he doesn't see the download option, only the email option. How can I add this to the approved list?

Plugin Contributions

That address (757363678) is in an "undefined address" range (757071872 to 759169023, in my version of the CSV file). Simply remove that line from your .CSV and re-import).

I'll provide an update (real-soon-now) so that you can (a) see what the IPv4 "integer" value for the address is and (b) give you the ability to choose whether/not to restrict those IP addresses that are in the "undefined address" ranges.

Plugin Contributions

v1.1.1 has been submitted to the Plugins for review:
    • CHANGE: Add IP address "integer" value in test output, for debug.
    • CHANGE: Add a checkbox to allow sites to choose whether to restrict the "unassigned" IP address ranges.

Plugin Contributions

v1.1.1 is now available for download ...

Plugin Contributions

I've reviewed v1.1.1 of RDD; it's compatible with Zen Cart v1.5.5!

Plugin Contributions

Is there cause for concern that the following is generated when using phpMyAdmin "REPAIR" tables?
    It sounds like the world is coming to an end. There is one other table with the same error.

xxxxxxx.ip2country repair note The storage engine for the table doesn't support r...
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast