I see that this is an old thread, but it's the only one that comes close to the problems I'm having with getting zen-cart 1.5.1 to work properly on Mt. Lion set up as a server. Basically, the main problem is not being able to log into admin with the url set in both admin and store to either localhost or my local ip 192.168.1.7. Works fine with 127.0.0.1 - log in no problem and it even works with admin set to 127.0.0.1 in its configure.php and store's configure.php set to 192.168.1.7. I didn't have any problem installing a basic test site not using 127.0.0.1, so it wasn't the first change I made. Like jeffmic, I followed Dr. Byte's suggestion to changed the session.hash_function setting to 1, but I don't really know if that helped as I was still with the ip login. I've run test servers with zen-cart from Panther through Leopard, but I've never seen anything like this. I've been all over the web but haven't found anything about this except here. Oh, by the way in desperation I installed MAMP, and of course it works just fine. But really everything is already there in OS X -php, apache, and mysql easy to download and pretty easy to set up with all the tutorials on line. And I even popped for the $20 server app from apple, but that was really an after thought and didn't change anything. Oh, and I even reverted to an older version of mysql (5.5.41) than was installed with Mt. Lion hoping it would be more compatible with zen 1.5.1. My php is 5.3.28 and apache2 2.2.26.

At this point, I think I'll go with setting up a new test site using MAMP as my old test site is still running on a ppc under Leopard and hope that when I get around to updating to Mavericks or Yosemite the problem will just go away on its own.

Nevertheless, I sure would like to know what's going on here and would appreciate a response if anyone has any suggestions. And thank you to jeffmic and Dr. Byte for getting me this far along on the problem