Plugin Contributions

Default how to remove text "Congratulations! You have..." from the "TEXT_MAIN"?

I have troubles of removing text "Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart® E-Commerce Solution.", just above the "Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in?" -text

I found from the index.php that:

"define('TEXT_MAIN','this is the r the page for english when no template defined file exists. It is located in: <strong>/includes/languages/english/index.php</strong>');"

...so is this text based on the Template i have chosen (Dragon - http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1561)? At least i haven't found any file from the template pages where i could change this?

Or have i understood something wrong? Thanx for any help in advance, I am really newbie with this, but trying to learn my best.

greetings from Finland!

Mikko

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how to remove text "Congratulations! You have..." from the "TEXT_MAIN"?

Quote Originally Posted by X-youth gone willd View Post
    I have troubles of removing text "Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart® E-Commerce Solution.", just above the "Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in?" -text

I found from the index.php that:

"define('TEXT_MAIN','this is the r the page for english when no template defined file exists. It is located in: <strong>/includes/languages/english/index.php</strong>');"

...so is this text based on the Template i have chosen (Dragon - http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1561)? At least i haven't found any file from the template pages where i could change this?

Or have i understood something wrong? Thanx for any help in advance, I am really newbie with this, but trying to learn my best.

greetings from Finland!

Mikko
    Make a copy of the /includes/languages/english/index.php file and place it in /includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE

If the folder /YOUR_TEMPLATE doesn't exist the simply create it.

(Replace 'YOUR_TEMPLATE' with the actual name of the template (as seen by the 'Template Directory' in the template selection menu.

Once you have copied the index.php you can edit it to your hearts content.

You can *also* edit the /includes/languages/english/index.php file directly without making a copy, BUT, any changes you make here will almost certainly be wiped out with any future updates to the site.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how to remove text "Congratulations! You have..." from the "TEXT_MAIN"?

Thanx alot for the help. Yes, i was bit confused because some of the templates I have tried have the folders under these language folders, but this one didn't. But great you can create one yourself. Appreciate your advice.