Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    395
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    red flag 2chcekout shows "login time out" after the customer pays

    Recently my customers complain that they encounter a "Whoops! Your session has expired." page after they keyed in the credit card info. In my 2checkout account, I can see their transaction going through.

    in the Zencart backstage, there is no order generated and no order confirming email sending out.

    Any suggestions??

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    27,762
    Plugin Contributions
    9

    Default Re: 2chcekout shows "login time out" after the customer pays

    In your admin > tools > server version info look for php settings

    max_execution_time
    max_input_time

    Post the values for both back here
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    395
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: 2chcekout shows "login time out" after the customer pays

    Thanks for reply! Here is the values on RoseforLove.com

    The max_execution_time is 60 (local value) and 30(master value)
    The max_input_time is 60 (local value) and 60(master value)

    I have the exactly the same number on my best4future.com. But 2checkout works fine on best4future.com and customers see the "thank you for your order" right after they key in the credit card info.

    I don't understand which part went wrong on RoseforLove.com.....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    27,762
    Plugin Contributions
    9

    Default Re: 2chcekout shows "login time out" after the customer pays

    Check with your host to see if you can load a personal php.ini file

    If so, change these values to 90 and see if that helps
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    66,350
    Blog Entries
    7
    Plugin Contributions
    271

    Default Re: 2chcekout shows "login time out" after the customer pays

    Kobra, login timeout is a session issue, not a max execution time or input time issue.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    27,762
    Plugin Contributions
    9

    Default Re: 2chcekout shows "login time out" after the customer pays

    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    login timeout is a session issue
    Ok then - What controls session length
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    66,350
    Blog Entries
    7
    Plugin Contributions
    271

    Default Re: 2chcekout shows "login time out" after the customer pays

    I suspect the problem here is 2checkout is failing to pass back then zenid, or the ZC session cookie isn't getting set properly beforehand, which would be a conflict with the server settings, or a defect in the 2checkout module, wherever it came from.

    A less likely cause could be that something is causing 2checkout to communicate back-and-forth to the store multiple times without completing payment and causing the system to think someone is triggering multiple failed payment attempts, so it logs them out to protect against card slam-ming that is done by people "testing" stolen credit cards. If the 2checkout module is actually doing that then it may be necessary to raise the limit before the protection kicks in.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    27,762
    Plugin Contributions
    9

    Default Re: 2chcekout shows "login time out" after the customer pays

    Quote Originally Posted by lina0962
    But 2checkout works fine on best4future.com
    Noting DrBytes post
    You did not state if these two installs are the same version of ZenCart...
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    395
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: 2chcekout shows "login time out" after the customer pays

    I do have zenid issue with roseforlove.com. Every link still has zenid even after I installed SEO, while on the Best4Future.com, there is no zenid after each product link.

    On roseforlove.com and best4future.com, the zencart version is the same. I installed the same SEO onto both sites, and the URL came out differently.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    66,350
    Blog Entries
    7
    Plugin Contributions
    271

    Default Re: 2chcekout shows "login time out" after the customer pays

    Quote Originally Posted by lina0962 View Post
    I do have zenid issue with roseforlove.com. Every link still has zenid even after I installed SEO, while on the Best4Future.com, there is no zenid after each product link.
    On roseforlove.com and best4future.com, the zencart version is the same. I installed the same SEO onto both sites, and the URL came out differently.
    I suspect there are some odd server configuration issues happening to cause the difference on those sites.
    I'm not sure if that's what's causing your 2checkout stuff though. Might be. Still worth investigating that angle.


    But, in the interim, I offer a suggestion for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by lina0962 View Post
    Recently my customers complain that they encounter a "Whoops! Your session has expired." page after they keyed in the credit card info. In my 2checkout account, I can see their transaction going through.

    in the Zencart backstage, there is no order generated and no order confirming email sending out.

    Any suggestions??
    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I suspect the problem here is 2checkout is failing to pass back then zenid, or the ZC session cookie isn't getting set properly beforehand, which would be a conflict with the server settings, or a defect in the 2checkout module, wherever it came from.

    A less likely cause could be that something is causing 2checkout to communicate back-and-forth to the store multiple times without completing payment and causing the system to think someone is triggering multiple failed payment attempts, so it logs them out to protect against card slam-ming that is done by people "testing" stolen credit cards. If the 2checkout module is actually doing that then it may be necessary to raise the limit before the protection kicks in.
    Try making the change I posted here: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...78#post1264278
    .

    Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

    Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. where can I find out the "discount count down by the time"
    By soso838 in forum General Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18 Apr 2018, 11:52 PM
  2. when does the "Customer Status Updated" email go out?
    By codrguy in forum General Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10 Mar 2011, 12:02 AM
  3. how to remove "Specials"? and show quick re-order at the same time when login?
    By stevenjiang613 in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13 Nov 2010, 06:18 PM
  4. Customer Login time out error after adding confirm email address addon
    By abs007 in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29 Jan 2010, 08:02 PM
  5. Show "Sold Out" after the sale
    By woracal in forum Setting Up Categories, Products, Attributes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23 May 2009, 09:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR