Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Can't login to admin after SSl was disabled, How to restore admin access?

Hello,
    After searching forums, couldn't find information related to my situation. Here is the problem: during the installation of Zen Cart v1.5.3 I enabled SSL for store and admin as our domain had valid SSL certificate. successful install, could login to admin, created some categories. Everything worked fine. However, due to a certain reason (only 1 site (I have 2 domains) can use SSL on shared hosting and 1 dedicated IP), I had to unassign SSL certificate from this domain and assign it to another domain which is more important for me now. Thus, I assumed that I would need to disable SSL for the first domain, so I went ahead and disabled SSL on both files:

includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php.

as described here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...-i-disable-ssl

Now when trying to access admin page I am getting blank page . What other modifications needed in such a case in order to restore admin access without reinstalling zen cart? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't login to admin after SSl was disabled, How to restore admin access?

Quote Originally Posted by alpheus View Post
    Hello,
    After searching forums, couldn't find information related to my situation. Here is the problem: during the installation of Zen Cart v1.5.3 I enabled SSL for store and admin as our domain had valid SSL certificate. successful install, could login to admin, created some categories. Everything worked fine. However, due to a certain reason (only 1 site (I have 2 domains) can use SSL on shared hosting and 1 dedicated IP), I had to unassign SSL certificate from this domain and assign it to another domain which is more important for me now. Thus, I assumed that I would need to disable SSL for the first domain, so I went ahead and disabled SSL on both files:

includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php.

as described here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...-i-disable-ssl

Now when trying to access admin page I am getting blank page . What other modifications needed in such a case in order to restore admin access without reinstalling zen cart? Any help would be highly appreciated.
    Check your logs directory for any logged messages (myDEBUGxxxx or similar files recently generated). Also did you notice the change needed in the admin/includes/configure.php for the HTTP_SERVER? Could also post the two configure.php files (within code tags that appear when selecting the # symbol above the response entry block) obscuring database information. It should really be an easy fix (far easier than reinstalling).
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't login to admin after SSl was disabled, How to restore admin access?

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply to my question. Yes, I've noticed that:
    in the admin/includes/configure.php for the HTTP_SERVER
    Previously it was:
    PHP Code:
    define('HTTP_SERVER''https://MySite.com'); 
    changed to:
    PHP Code:
    define('HTTP_SERVER''http://www.MySite.com'); 
    Still getting blank page when trying to access admin.

Yes, here is output of the latest log myDEBUGxxxx file:

[19-Dec-2014 14:50:38] PHP Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/.../public_html/admin/includes/configure.php:1) in /home1/.../public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 115
    [19-Dec-2014 14:50:38] PHP Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home1/.../public_html/admin/includes/configure.php:1) in /home1/.../public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 115
    [19-Dec-2014 14:50:38] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/.../public_html/admin/includes/configure.php:1) in /home1/.../public_html/admin/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 28
    [19-Dec-2014 14:50:38] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/.../public_html/admin/includes/configure.php:1) in /home1/.../public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 26
    Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Look at the file:
    /your_secret_admin/includes/configure.php

looks like you have a space(s)/blank line(s) at the top of the file that need removing ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Awesome! just removed that space and access to admin is restored.
    You were right, opening <?php tag was moved forward, probalbly due to the previous changes I did in this file.
    How did you know that?

Plugin Contributions

Awesome! just removed that space and access to admin is restored.
    You were right, opening <?php tag was moved forward, probalbly due to the previous changes I did in this file.
    How did you know that?
    I would say that besides her vast experience with and on ZC, that the portion of the error log from below was a good indicator:
    Code:
    [19-Dec-2014 14:50:38] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/.../public_html/admin/includes/configure.php:1) in
    That identified that the error was in the configure.php file and at line 1, additionally,the header error message relates to pushing "html" to the server, which within the configure.php file the only place for that really is either at the beginning before the opening php tag, or if a closing php tag was used and space followed it. But again, because happened in the first line as identified above, had to be there. Now, would I have come up with that specific solution as quickly, doubt it, as would have required a couple of questions more to get there, but maybe if I see that in the future I can provide a quick response. :) just my thoughts on how that was possibly figured out if not at least how I figured out from the response of how to figure it out... :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, you've got it correct. I should have been more careful at looking at the code and logs. Indeed log file output:
    Code:
    [19-Dec-2014 14:50:38] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/.../public_html/admin/includes/configure.php:1) in
    points to the first line of the abovementioned file and Ajeh by looking at it figured it out right away. But your first response lead to it :)
    Thank you guys for your prompt and very useful help! There is always something to learn.
    Cheers!

Plugin Contributions

Also been there ... done that ... and got the T-shirts ...

Thanks for the update that this is now working for you ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Also been there ... done that ... and got the T-shirts ...

Thanks for the update that this is now working for you ...
    Thank you again!
    Hope it would help others as well.

Cheers!