Plugin Contributions

Default Order without registration

Hello,

Yesterday someone on my site was able to place an order without registering an account. They used the Check/Money Order payment module and when I got the order confirmation email, the Delivery Address and Billing Address areas were blank and I saw no new registrations in the Customer area on the admin panel either.

How could this have happened? I see nothing in the debug files except for a failed email due to it attempting to send an email to " ".

Please help, my clients (business owners) are pretty upset about this. They have suggested if a solution is not found soon, that I move to another system other than Zen Cart.

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order without registration

In the years I've been here in the Zencart forum, I don't recall ever seeing this issue described before, so a 'solution' is probably not forthcoming. Some sort of glitch in the transfer of the billing and shipping information from the form to the database, I'd guess.

The 'order' isn't in the database, accessible from admin?

Ultimately, no money was transferred and no products were shipped, so there's no loss to anyone. I suspect that we'll have to wait for it to happen again (if it does, which I doubt) before we can look for answers.

Plugin Contributions

* Please Delete Thread *

Plugin Contributions

Similar response as provided to the parallel thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...stomer-details

Pretty doubtful that the thread will be deleted, why not finish it off with what has been found/determined.

I will say that ihave seen the email error before when someone (bots or people) was trying to use say the contact_us page to send spam. It didn't lead to a checkout issue, but there was sufficient tracking information to identify that a real person was not doing all of the work.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...