Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reinstallation of moneybookers module

Quote Originally Posted by kalastaja View Post
    [04-Jan-2015 21:04:46 Europe/Helsinki] PHP Warning: mysql_real_escape_string(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/fh2fuvvy/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/moneybookers.php on line 203
    looks like that's another set of bugs in those modules. Whoever wrote those modules didn't use Zen Cart database access methods. Instead they wrote their own, and since Zen Cart 1.5.2-and-newer use mysqli_ instead of mysql_ because PHP has obsoleted the old mysql_ functions, that module won't work on the new version without rewriting all the database query calls.
    ANd it's not as simple as simply renaming all mysql_ functions to mysqli_ because PHP changed the parameter structure when they created mysqli_ functions.

Someone will need to rewrite those database query calls in the module's files in order to make it work. I can't do it today because I'm still in-transit on my way home from family vacation time. I also don't have a moneybookers account to use for testing anything, so I'd only be guessing about its functionality.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok,

Uploading is how I did my customization - four folders (to 1.5.4): installNew, installChanged (added my code to affected 1.5.4 files), adminNew, adminChanged (added my code to affected 1.5.4 admin files).

Whoever wrote those modules didn't use Zen Cart database access methods....

Someone will need to rewrite those (polish?) database query calls....
    Thanks for your efforts - it's currently a bit out of my league! I could (try to) arrange for a moneybookers merchant account for testing purposes!?

BTW: The process don't seem that secure!?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I could (try to) arrange for a moneybookers merchant account for testing purposes!?

BTW: The process don't seem that secure!?
    Agreed ... I've always thought the Moneybookers "approach" was sketchy, and I know that if I was shopping from a site that only offered Moneybookers (assuming I could tell that's what it was), I'd probably go shop elsewhere.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    [04-Jan-2015 21:04:46 Europe/Helsinki] PHP Warning: mysql_real_escape_string(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/fh2fuvvy/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/moneybookers.php on line 203
    looks like that's another set of bugs in those modules. Whoever wrote those modules didn't use Zen Cart database access methods. Instead they wrote their own, and since Zen Cart 1.5.2-and-newer use mysqli_ instead of mysql_ because PHP has obsoleted the old mysql_ functions, that module won't work on the new version without rewriting all the database query calls.
    ANd it's not as simple as simply renaming all mysql_ functions to mysqli_ because PHP changed the parameter structure when they created mysqli_ functions.
    I did some investigating, and I'm pretty sure that you can edit the 2 files in that module which call mysql_real_escape_string and tell it to use $db->prepare_input instead

Files:
    /includes/modules/payment/moneybookers.php
    /includes/modules/payment/moneybookers/moneybookers_payment.php

Change 6 instances in each file:
    mysql_real_escape_string(
    becomes
    $db->prepare_input(

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. I will try it out!

Is it possible that someone in the community would make a better functioning payment module? How would one go about?

Plugin Contributions

Generally speaking, development follows a lot of reading/research or whatever it takes to understand the required process flow of the payment processor. This is usually initiated out of someone's need for or interest in having such functionality whether personal or professional.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

You are (of course) absolutely right.
    My main concern is the robustness of the solution - the current is below bar. The gateway interface is documented, but would there be anybody who could share knowledge of secure payment? I do have some programming skills, but this might be a little too much, to run as a solo!?

BTW: Dr.Bytes changes worked!

Plugin Contributions

Skrill/Moneybookers "support":
    Skrill-Moneybookers 3.1.5 für Zen-Cart 1.5 deutsch
    and I've got to work somehow - only main module though, not eWallet etc.

Plugin Contributions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12