Default What has changed in templates to upgrade from 1.5.1 to 1.5.4?

I am starting to go through the new zencart version and am starting with upgrading the template black pure free. When I try to change the template in zencart there is no menu item to select black pure free. How do I get that to pop up. Anyone have an idea what needs to be changed in the basic template for this upgrade from 1.5.1 to 1.5.4? Not a big programmer to figure this out and if its to much work then I will have to look at upgrading to another template. Thanks for the help
    Jamey

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: What has changed to Zencart templates to upgrade from 1.5.1 to 1.5.4?

My suggestion (because I don't have a copy of black pure free to provide a "detailed" revision) would be to first compare any modified core files to an original version of the ZC version applicable to the template, then incorporate those changes into 154, if there are no such core changes, then great. Next to compare the template override files to the template_default version of them and incorporate the 154 features/requirements into the template. Yesterday I looked at a comparison of 153 to 154, but was targetting the admin directory so I don't remember the store side template changes between those two versions, but there were some changes made in implementation of 153 that would apply...

Hopefully you have a file comparison tool such as winmerge or beyond compare to name a couple. There is likely to be some other specific changes that moved code from one template file to another, but the overall change pattern should be obvious when comparing even the two vanilla installs to each other (151 to 154).
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: What has changed to Zencart templates to upgrade from 1.5.1 to 1.5.4?

You can also get a list of the files that changed from 1.5.1 -> 1.5.2 -> 1.5.3 -> 1.5.4 by peeking in the /docs directory that is part of the Zen Cart v1.5.4 zip-file. There are files there named changed_files_v1.5.x.html (x = 0 to 4) that identify the file changes from the previous version.

Plugin Contributions

The dropdown in Admin - Tools - Template Slection is populated from the template_info.php files in each template's main directory, so check that the file in includes/templates/black_pure_free/template_info.php exists.

Thanks stevesh and others. One thing I did taking into account what Stevesh has said to figure it out. I changed the name of green template and it did not update when I refreshed the page. So I then tried it on a fresh install of zencart and figured out that the upgraded version I had run it on I had copied the config files and manually edited them to duplicate the base and missed one line for the zencart directory in the config file. Sorry for the stupid mistake guys, however I thank you all for your responses.

Cheers!