Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Paypal website payment standard not working

Hi Friends ,
    I need help . Just upgraded website to version 1.5.3 , https://wholesaleloosecz.com/ ( EMPLOYER IS FROM CHINA).

Everything works file. but PayPal website payment standard not working . Every time a payment is made paypal transaction works fine i.e the value is entering into employers account but nothing is entered into website . on debugging , this is what we get .

================================================================================ =====

Jan 07 2015 4:46 -- PDT PROCESSING INITIATED.
    Preparing to verify transaction via PDT.

The TX token for verification is: Array
    (
    [main_page] => checkout_process
    [referer] => paypal
    [tx] => 1J805423AB792874R
    [st] => Completed
    [amt] => 0.88
    [cc] => USD
    [cm] => zenid=a60lbdpvpvpv94f2m5st4vv4t7
    [item_number] => Wholesale Loose Cubic Zirconia Purchase
    )

Jan 07 2015 4:46 -- IPN INFO - POST VARS to be sent back (unsorted) for validation (using CURL):
    To: live:80
    Array
    (
    [cmd] => _notify-sync
    [at] => onc3B**********DmlhS
    )

Jan 07 2015 4:46 -- CURL OPTS: Array
    (
    [10002] => https://live
    [47] => 1
    [10015] => cmd=_notify-synch&tx=1J805423AB792874R&at=onc3BVuPHlCAB3Yw37zjppG7Ji7uvbSwNYRitfJQBC_OgSlgR5 GvB1DmlhS
    [13] => 45
    [78] => 30
    [41] => 0
    [42] => 0
    [52] => 0
    [19913] => 1
    [64] => 0
    [81] => 2
    [75] => 1
    [74] => 1
    [84] => 2
    [10018] => Zen Cart(R) - IPN Postback
    )

Jan 07 2015 4:46 -- CURL response: &CURL_ERRORS=%286%29+Could+not+resolve+host%3A+live+%28Domain+name+not+found% 29

Jan 07 2015 4:46 -- CURL errors: CURL communication ERROR: (6) Could not resolve host: live (Domain name not found)

Jan 07 2015 4:46 -- IPN INFO (cl) - Confirmation/Validation response &CURL_ERRORS=%286%29+Could+not+resolve+host%3A+live+%28Domain+name+not+found% 29

Jan 07 2015 4:46 -- IPN NOTICE: Could not get usable response via CURL. Trying fsockopen() as fallback.

Jan 07 2015 4:46 -- IPN INFO - POST VARS to be sent back (unsorted) for validation (using fsockopen):
    To: live:80
    POST HTTP/1.1

Host: live

Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

Content-length: 101

Connection: close

Array
    (
    [cmd] => _notify-sync
    [at] => onc3B**********DmlhS
    )

Jan 07 2015 4:46 -- IPN ERROR :: Could not establish fsockopen:
    Host Details = live:80 (0) php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
    Trying again with HTTP over port 80 ...

Jan 07 2015 4:46 -- IPN ERROR :: Could not establish fsockopen:
    Host Details = http://live:80 (36278288) Unable to find the socket transport "http" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?
    Trying again without any specified protocol, using port 80 ...

Jan 07 2015 4:46 -- IPN FATAL ERROR :: Could not establish fsockopen.
    Host Details = live:80 (0) php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known
    ABORTED.

================================================================================ ====

Please help. Thanks

Regards
    Diptimoy

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal website payment standard not working

Is Paypal Express available to you? If so, switching to Express will fix that issue. There's no reason I'm aware of to use Standard anymore, and, as you've discovered, it has problems with server communication.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I too also strongly recommend using PayPal Express Checkout.

However, if there is a solid business reason to use the older IPN method, try clicking Remove on that module, then click Install, and reconfigure it again. (Write down all your settings first to make reconfiguring it easier.) There were some changes in how it operates, and it appears yours has an old configuration. Re-installing that module should reset things.

But, Express Checkout will give your customers a better checkout experience, and also uses a more modern means of completing the transactions in a way that doesn't risk losing data the way the old IPN method did.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I too also strongly recommend using PayPal Express Checkout.

However, if there is a solid business reason to use the older IPN method, try clicking Remove on that module, then click Install, and reconfigure it again. (Write down all your settings first to make reconfiguring it easier.) There were some changes in how it operates, and it appears yours has an old configuration. Re-installing that module should reset things.

But, Express Checkout will give your customers a better checkout experience, and also uses a more modern means of completing the transactions in a way that doesn't risk losing data the way the old IPN method did.

Thanks to all of you , for your support . Will try PayPal Express Checkout

Plugin Contributions

cart error line items not shown at paypal login screen after upgradation

After I upgraded to version 154 and adding PayPal express checkout . the PayPal shopping cart page shows combined product value for added products instead of individual products and values . Some times it shows no value in cart and says product details will only be shown at the time of payments .

I want to show individual items in paypal shopping cart . Please Help . Thanks in advance

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: line items not shown at paypal login screen after upgradation

Turn on PayPal logging in Express Checkout: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...Logging-PayPal
    Then trigger the problem you're describing.
    Then look at the PayPal-xxxxxxx.log files in the /logs/ folder on your server. It will explain why it's not showing the line-item details.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

cart error order summery doesn't show anything

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	14929

order summery lists nothing

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: order summery doesn't show anything

See Post #4 in "This Thread"

Posted the below before I read zencart v1.5.4. I am using v1.5.3if that makes any difference

Have you stepped through and completed the purchase?
    The total will be displayed in the ZenCart step 4 of checkout as the message in the PayPal screen indicates.... after selecting shipping method, payment method (nothing to select, since PayPal was previously selected), etc. (I am assuming because I cannot read your screenprint)

The left side PP message that you will see the total before payment is finalized is accurate.
    A PP message also appears at the bottom of the rightside panel stating that the order process will be finalized on the "YourStoreName" website. That is after selecting your PP account or PayWithCreditCard.

Having said that, our typical customer will not read any of the text and just assume there is a problem without continuing.

In the case where I can reproduce that screen, YES, 4 PP debug logs are generated at the instance where that particular PayPal screen appears. The logs seem to be related to the math and PayPal having designed their own mathematics rules. Dumbing it down for them.

The PP screen presented seems to be dependent upon the monetary value of the particular items in the cart (in my case). ie: fractional items instead of whole items.
    Last edited by RixStix; 31 Jan 2015 at 05:16 PM.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: order summery doesn't show anything

Thanks for replying

here is the screenshot

http://dipinfotech.co.in/11.gif
    Attached Images Attached Images