Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default After upgrading from 1.38a to 1.54 users can't access orders.

PHP 5.4, zencart 5.4.

When logged in as an admin i can access everything but the other users can't access the orders. When they click on the customers name it goes to a blank page. It works fine under the admin profile. I created a new profile called standard user and checked EVERYTHING and it didn't make a difference. However if I give a standard user the superuser profile they can access it without issues. But I want to limit these users from accessing everything.

Is there any fix for this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: After upgrading from 1.38a to 1.54 users can't access orders.

Quote Originally Posted by welchyboy View Post
    PHP 5.4, zencart 5.4.

When logged in as an admin i can access everything but the other users can't access the orders. When they click on the customers name it goes to a blank page. It works fine under the admin profile. I created a new profile called standard user and checked EVERYTHING and it didn't make a difference. However if I give a standard user the superuser profile they can access it without issues. But I want to limit these users from accessing everything.

Is there any fix for this?
    Going to a blank page (i.e. whitescreen) indicates that there's a myDEBUG-adm-xxxx.log file waiting to tell you what's really going on. You could post the contents (using the "code" tags, the # in the post-writing menu) of one of those files and someone can help further. When you post the contents of an -adm- type debug log, make sure to xxx-out the name of your secret admin folder's name!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Going to a blank page (i.e. whitescreen) indicates that there's a myDEBUG-adm-xxxx.log file waiting to tell you what's really going on. You could post the contents (using the "code" tags, the # in the post-writing menu) of one of those files and someone can help further. When you post the contents of an -adm- type debug log, make sure to xxx-out the name of your secret admin folder's name!
    Ahh thanks that helps...I still don't get it but maybe someone can help. I see the problem but not sure where to change it.

[01-Jan-2015 13:26:20] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC in /home/stxmill/public_html/testzen/XXXX/includes/classes/class.admin.zcObserverLogEventListener.php on line 118

The testzen folder no longer exists and itsn't where the site is anymore. I have changed both configure.php files but not sure where this is coming from.
    Any thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

[01-Jan-2015 13:26:20]
    That's from January 1.

Need to look at the more recent MyDebug-adm-xxxxx.log files instead.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry I am a moron lol.

[07-Jan-2015 14:13:48 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function check_page() in /home/stxmill/public_html/XXXX/includes/init_includes/overrides/init_admin_auth.php on line 52

This is the line it is talking about

if (check_page($page, $_GET) == FALSE)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The /admin/includes/init_includes/overrides/ folder is used by plugins which want to replace the normal functionality of the files by the same name in the parent folder.

So, which plugin are you using that provided that override file for you? Is that plugin compatible with the new ZC version you're using? Is it possible that the functionality for that plugin was already built-in to v1.5.4?
    Try simply deleting that file from the overrides folder, and normal built-in functionality will be restored. But whatever that plugin was attempting to do might not work, so you'd have to sort that out separately.

Or, maybe the plugin is also expecting another set of functions in a functions file that you've not yet installed?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I renamed the file to init_admin_auth.php.old and tried to go to the admin page and login....now the whole login page is white. I am not sure exactly what modules have been installed....We haven't made changes to the site since 1.38.

[07-Jan-2015 16:10:49 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: require(includes/init_includes/init_admin_auth.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/stxmill/public_html/includes/autoload_func.php on line 48
    [07-Jan-2015 16:10:49 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: require(includes/init_includes/init_admin_auth.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/stxmill/public_html/includes/autoload_func.php on line 48
    [07-Jan-2015 16:10:49 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/init_includes/init_admin_auth.php' (include_path='.:/opt/php54/lib/php') in /home/stxmill/public_html/includes/autoload_func.php on line 48
    Last edited by welchyboy; 7 Jan 2015 at 11:17 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I renamed the file to init_admin_auth.php.old and tried to go to the admin page and login....now the whole login page is white. I am not sure exactly what modules have been installed....We haven't made changes to the site since 1.38.
    How do you not know what modules are installed onur new ZC 1.5.4 site that was just upgraded from 1.3.8? Did you not follow instructions similar to: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading

Sorry to be blunt about that, but seems very contrary to any standard process of upgrading and would definitely explain why there are problems now..
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

[07-Jan-2015 14:13:48 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function check_page() in /home/stxmill/public_html/XXXX/includes/init_includes/overrides/init_admin_auth.php on line 52

[07-Jan-2015 16:10:49 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: require(includes/init_includes/init_admin_auth.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
    Take a look at the paths in the two posts you made. The first one was referring to the file inside the folder named "overrides", and THAT is where "check_page" error was happening.

So, you renamed the WRONG file when testing.

I'll spell it out: temporarily rename or delete the /home/stxmill/public_html/XXXX/includes/init_includes/overrides/init_admin_auth.php file. (and put back the other one you renamed incorrectly.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    How do you not know what modules are installed onur new ZC 1.5.4 site that was just upgraded from 1.3.8? Did you not follow instructions similar to: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading

Sorry to be blunt about that, but seems very contrary to any standard process of upgrading and would definitely explain why there are problems now..
    Well mc12345678 as much as I appreciate your comment i don't think it helped the situation in any way...but thanks for posting anyways :-)

What I did to upgrade the site was to duplicate the folder and rename it on the same server, change the two configure.php files to point to the new location and upgraded the database. Then I worke dwith DrByte to fix a few files that weren't working correctly.

I am sorry DrByte but apparently we are having a communication issue. Let me explain in more detail of what exactly I am doing because I am apparently missing something.

The issue which was brought to me by the customer is when the click on a new order it comes up to a blank white page but it works when the admin is logged in. I started a post and posted the error which was

You told me...
    Try simply deleting that file from the overrides folder, and normal built-in functionality will be restored. But whatever that plugin was attempting to do might not work, so you'd have to sort that out separately.

So instead of deleting init_admin_auth.php to init_admin_auth.php which is what I thought you meant.

Then you replied
    I'll spell it out: temporarily rename or delete the /home/stxmill/public_html/XXXX/includes/init_includes/overrides/init_admin_auth.php file. (and put back the other one you renamed incorrectly.

Which I took as I wasn't sure how to take so just to test I renamed the overrides folder to overrides.old. This also resulted in a blank white page. I'm not sure how else to explain exactly what i did or what I might be missing. Hopefully this helps you to better understand what I did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast