Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin suddenly blank page

I tried merging configure files as well, as mine hadn't been touched for a long long time. So it still does the same, but I stripped out the obsolete code.

I am thinking of as I have done once before, undoing each file that has been changed in the upgrade and removing the new ones. Even then I wasn't able to see which file(s) it was. I wonder if there is a file in includes/ and admin/ that are co-dependent on each other somehow? Just a thought. I tried just reverting back a couple of files to original state then reloading admin but no change. Hence my reasoning for thinking the above. If I revert all files back to pre-upgrade state at once or continuously the admin works as normal.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mjcrabill View Post
    Installed via hosting (Hostgator) one click install
    This is never a good idea when upgrading.
    Since 1.5.4 is out there, how about trying to solve the problem(s) with an upgrade to 1.5.4 using the steps in http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading.
    I know it may seem like a "trash it and start over" method but, it may be the quickest way to fix any problems injected with the one-click installation. You are probably missing some important files (module or otherwise) that would take days or weeks to find.
    Make sure you check for the latest versions of your modules when upgrading.
    While you're at it, it might be time to look at a responsive template. Not necessary to fix everything but helpful in joining the tablet/smart phone e-commerce world.

Just looked at your site and it looks like you may have done an in-place upgrade.

Plugin Contributions

Just a quick mention, I had this issue on 1.5.3, so when 1.5.4 I saw some of the changes and thought it might be worth a go. But it did the same for me on both versions. Been so busy this week, but am aiming to restore each file to its original state. And admin will work again - just so strange, and of course, hours of upgrade work wasted :-( . But never mind, these things happen. I feel for the OP as he has just experienced this all of a sudden with no alterations done as he knows of, which must be even more strange.

Plugin Contributions

init_cache_key_check.php seems to be causing me all this trouble, and not sure if for the OP too. I went through individual files, backing up and using old files, seeing where it breaks. As soon as I restored this it gave me the blank page / redirect loop.

It also does it if using stock install of latest release, as in includes/ admin/ contents/. So this file must be referencing something outside these two folders? I don't get it :-( any help is much appreciated
    Last edited by HeathenMagic; 13 Jan 2015 at 11:40 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I can see it is something to do with cache folder detection. I have the directory set as always has been, and permissions are enabled. I am using this file from 1.5.4 version

Plugin Contributions

I used to have that module on a site, and had the exact same thing. I think it was a syntax error in a merge, and when using a less than able winmerge program at the time. I think it would be in the update.php file you mentioned.

I think myself and the OP are having the issue when trying to just login into admin. No login box, it started off as blank, then redirect loop error was showing in browser.

Plugin Contributions

You know something that might help and appears to be missing from this thread is the process(es) followed to get to this point. What step(s) were performed of whatever process was used, what step(s) were omitted (and why), in addition to the information that appears when responding to this message about posting tips.

There really does not seem to be cohesion on the issue, multiple people indicating that they too have an issue, but without being able to reproduce the issue there is little that can be done to "correct" it as it is not experienced by all that have upgraded as such...

As for the OP... the issue is in the admin/includes/configure.php file:
    Code:
      define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/midmichi/public_html/);
    should be:
    Code:
      define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/midmichi/public_html/');
    Missing an apostrophe after the public_html/......
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Agreed. I felt my issue was very similar, and I know it is not common and simply resulted from upgrades to 1.5.3 (blank admin screen) then to 1.5.4 (redirect loop on admin).

Well spotted by the way! I wonder if that has fixed the OP's issue?

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    You know something that might help and appears to be missing from this thread is the process(es) followed to get to this point. What step(s) were performed of whatever process was used, what step(s) were omitted (and why), in addition to the information that appears when responding to this message about posting tips.

There really does not seem to be cohesion on the issue, multiple people indicating that they too have an issue, but without being able to reproduce the issue there is little that can be done to "correct" it as it is not experienced by all that have upgraded as such...

As for the OP... the issue is in the admin/includes/configure.php file:
    Code:
      define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/midmichi/public_html/);
    should be:
    Code:
      define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/midmichi/public_html/');
    Missing an apostrophe after the public_html/......

Plugin Contributions

Thank You! I knew it was something simple, so much time wasted for such a simple dumb mistake. I know I checked that several times and just didn't notice it. It's a matter of the mind seeing what it expects to see and not really focusing and seeing what is really there, duh!
    Computers, tech support, website development and maintenance. http://www.crab4web.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mjcrabill View Post
    Thank You! I knew it was something simple, so much time wasted for such a simple dumb mistake. I know I checked that several times and just didn't notice it. It's a matter of the mind seeing what it expects to see and not really focusing and seeing what is really there, duh!
    While that issue was something I purposefully sought, which meant I had extreme focus just for matching quotes, a comparison tool ignoring minor things like spacing and non-code factors more than likely would have pointed that one out, and really could have compared against either the previous file of the same location or the opposing file (store or admin) and looked at the differences with a little more scrutiny...

You know and every problem is similar but different. At the time of posting this problem there were errors being identified with the latest distributionn and this looked like one more. Instead of everyone guessing, the request was to provide the information as routinely expected so that the issue could be addressed appropriately. Unfortunately for you, in a way the information necessary was provided in the first post. There are ways to also display some debug information at the time of failure such as that, would just need to search the forum some more to find that answer.

Glad fixed.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast