Plugin Contributions

Default USPS and Numinex Shipping Box Manager & Product Fields & Product Physical Attributes

I've been searching for an answer via the web and this forum, but still haven't found the necessary solution.

I thought that I had the right solution. After taking way too much of a day installing Numinix add-ons, it seems that I don't.

My USPS add-on is correctly configured and does give back estimates based on what I chose in the add-on for shipping containers. I only use Flat Rate boxes and envelopes.

I added the Numinix add-ons in the hopes that a cart full of items each with a defined width, height and depth would cause the result set from USPS to only show those boxes/envelopes that would hold all the items within a single shipping container.

I turned on the Numinix products that needed it.
    I added the dimension fields to the database with Product Fields
    I added dimensions to the products with Product Physical Attributes
    I added shipping containers to the Shipping Box Manager that mirror the shipping containers in USPS (maybe that is wrong?)

I still see all the possible choices for shipping via USPS when I do a test order even though the order would not fit into all of the shipping container options.

Was I incorrect in this thinking? Or am I just missing something?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Melissa

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS and Numinex Shipping Box Manager & Product Fields & Product Physical Attribu

bump....

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS and Numinex Shipping Box Manager & Product Fields & Product Physical Attribu

Your question appears to be around features specifically added by using the Numinix addons you mentioned. Thus it may be worth contacting Numinix directly for support of the code they offered.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I'll try that. I was just hoping that someone had experience and could speak to it. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Let us know what they say!

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.