Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

bug Database Upgrade Not Accepting Password 1.5.3-to-1.5.4

I uploaded the changed files since 1.53. When I click on the upgrade database button it tells me my password is incorrect.

I have the correct prefix (_zen), database name and user name.

I am entering my shop admin password and username not my database details in the upgrade database details.

PHP Version: 5.3.3 (Zend: 2.3.0)

My store admin password is correct as I renamed /zc_install/ to /1zc_install/ and I can login all good.

What I tried with no luck:
    1/ Create a new user and try those login details.
    2/ Re-uploaded /zc_install/
    3/ tried /zc_install/includes/functions/general.php at http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...44#post1253144
    4/ Tried going back to the old code for /includes/classes/class.zcPassword.php http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...05#post1266905

Kind regards
    Tim

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade v1.53 to v1.54 Database Upgrade Not Accepting Password

Quote Originally Posted by nuganics View Post
    4/ Tried going back to the old code for /includes/classes/class.zcPassword.php http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...05#post1266905
    The fix in that post is what's in v1.5.4, and has worked on every combination of upgrade I was able to test.
    If you have a unique case that's failing to allow the password to work, I'd appreciate knowing further details and a chance to get a copy of your files+database for testing, if you're willing.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

More tests:
    1/ Install a clean version of 1.5.4 works fine on PHP 5.3.3 (this is the highest PHP version number on CentOS 6.6).
    2/ Installed a clean version of 1.5.3 with hotfixes from http://sourceforge.net/projects/zenc....5.x%20Series/ . I completed the install so ready to use (zc_install removed, admin folder renamed, permissions correct and password updated on first login). I then only uploaded the /zc_install/ folder from 1.5.4 and tried a database upgrade but I still get "Admin Password required to proceed with upgrade".
    3/ I deleted all the files except for the 2 configure.php files and kept the 1.5.3 database. I uploaded all the clean 1.5.4 files and run zc_install and get the same issue when I try to update the 1.5.3 database.

My guess it is a issue with new \zc_install\includes\functions\general.php and PHP Version: 5.3.3 as the 3rd test above should work as all 1.5.4 files. I don't know PHP to figure out the issue but maybe the below is a place to start (didn't fix the issue for me)?
    Was
    require('../includes/classes/class.zcPassword.php');

Now
    require (realpath(dirname(__FILE__)) . '/../../../includes/classes/class.zcPassword.php');

I am not sure what else I can try?

Kind regards
    Tim

Plugin Contributions

I'm in the same boat. 1.5.3 was working fine up until it stopped accepting orders. 1.5.4 would not complete the database update. No amount of password resetting via Cpanel would make a difference. Finally converted PHP from 5.2 to 5.3 and that did the trick.

No idea how long 5.3 will remain viable, but hopefully long enough that it won't be an issue in the near future. Not knowing what all those terms mean and why they won't play nice together is a real hassle when it ends up taking the store out of action.

Plugin Contributions

PHP 5.3 had its EOL (end of life) in June or July of last year.
    14 Aug 2014 The PHP development team announces the immediate availability of PHP 5.3.29. This release marks the end of life of the PHP 5.3 series. Future releases of this series are not planned. All PHP 5.3 users are encouraged to upgrade to the current stable version of PHP 5.5 or previous stable version of PHP 5.4, which are supported till at least 2016 and 2015 respectively.
    PHP 5.3.29 contains about 25 potentially security related fixes backported from PHP 5.4 and 5.5.

Plugin Contributions

Hi dbltoe,
    I read the known bugs in 1.5.4 but don't think they apply http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...s)-with-v1-5-4 . The only one xcache I am unsure about but I can't find it in php.ini or phpinfo so assume it isn't running. The closest I have is it is running Cloudflare but I have put it in development mode so Cloudflare is bypassed. PHP 5.3 is a dog as you mentioned. I am on CentOS 6.6 (PHP 5.3)and a bit crazy to try upgrade to CentOS 7 as it isn't perfect and I know know unix that well. I did https://www.virtualmin.com/documenta...eb/multiplephp and it seems to be working great. I am keen to dump CentOS 6.6 and move to Ubuntu 14.04 CLI as the upgrade to newer Ubuntu LTS in a few years looks easier.

Kind regards
    Tim

Plugin Contributions

I was using PHP 5.3.3 but have installed PHP 5.4.16 and have that running but get the same result on a fresh install of Zen cart 1.5.3 try to upgrade database to 1.5.4.

I deleted the mysql user and created again and updated the config files with the new details but get the same issue.

I reset the password via Mysql query and logged in (renamed zc_install) and put in a new password. Tried zc_install with new store admin login but get the same result.

Under /logs/ it creates 2 files but checks are OK and just has the below:
    Jan 25 2015 16:17 -- database_upgrade
    FATAL: Admin Password required to proceed with upgrade

Running out of ideas. Would be great if anyone has some suggestions.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I'm beginning to think what I'm seeing in your post is not a typo or misprint. Are you actually using files from 1.5.3, adding zc_install from 1.5.4, and then trying to update the existing 1.5.3 database to 1.5.4?
    And, if not.... Are you using the admin password from the old database when upgrading?
    Neither of your three steps above is a recommended way to upgrade ZC. Have you looked at http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading

Plugin Contributions

Hi dbltoe,
    Thank you for the reply. I installed a fresh version of Zen Cart 1.5.3 and works fine. I then moved all the 1.5.3 files into a sub-folder and uploaded all of 1.5.4 and put the configuration files into place and ran zc_install. When upgrading the database inside zc_install I am using the store admin login and password not the database username and password. zc_install or log files give no warnings of issues connecting to the database so I think the configuration files are ok but I gave it a go update the configuration files with the database login and password and still the same result. To test I am entering the right store admin login and password by renaming zc_install so I can login to the store and I can so login and pass are correct.

I think it is a issue with my PHP/Curl setup or I have corrupt files. Going to run another fresh install today of 1.5.3.

Cheers
    Tim

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nuganics View Post
    I was using PHP 5.3.3 but have installed PHP 5.4.16 and have that running but get the same result on a fresh install of Zen cart 1.5.3 try to upgrade database to 1.5.4.

I deleted the mysql user and created again and updated the config files with the new details but get the same issue.

I reset the password via Mysql query and logged in (renamed zc_install) and put in a new password. Tried zc_install with new store admin login but get the same result.

Under /logs/ it creates 2 files but checks are OK and just has the below:
    Jan 25 2015 16:17 -- database_upgrade
    FATAL: Admin Password required to proceed with upgrade

Running out of ideas. Would be great if anyone has some suggestions.
    In post 2 of this thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...83#post1269283 Dr. Byte has offered to review the situation, if information would be shared. Might I suggest that instead of theorizing something that is completely unfamiliar, that the information requested to help figure out the cause be shared with those that have the knowledge of the system to help?

Also, do any of the issues identified in this next thread apply to your situation?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...s)-with-v1-5-4
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast