Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade v1.53 to v1.54 Database Upgrade Not Accepting Password

Started afresh with the 10 steps in DrBytes post but got the new ZenCart up OK but it did not import any of the products from the old database. Also how do you get the internet to point to the new folder when the new ZenCart resides ? If install is working and the products are imported into the new database can you then rename the original folder/old and rename the new one to the original name so the domain name points to this OK.

We are stuck with an empty database here

http://www.irishshopper.com/TESTrmstitanic

Plugin Contributions

Did you copy your Live database to your TEST database before the upgrade? And prior to the upgrade, were your files:
    /includes/configure.php
    /admin/includes/configure.php

from your LIVE site copied to the TEST site and then edited for the new paths/database and then upgraded during the install?

If not, you can do the copy of the Live site database to your TEST site database and put in the /zc_install and run the upgrade on the database ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by irishshopper View Post
    We just could not crack it so deleted everything and did a fresh install of V 1.5.4.

We do however have quite a few ZenCarts V1.3.9 we need to upgrade to V1.5.4 and not looking forward to this.

Have discovered an added problem in that V1.5.4 needs PHP V.5.4 but versions 1.3.9 will NOT work with this so upgrading the server to PHP5.4 will knock out all older versions of ZenCart.

The work around is to alter the .htaccess file and add in a php.ini file. All an added complication.

We host with Bluehost but they won't discuss any ZenCart problems with you unless you installed ZenCart using their MOJO software and will not support any installations done manually with FTP upload (we use CoreFTP).

As we take payments by PayPal Express and Nochex we never receive any of our customers payment details ourselves so don't need a Certificate but Bluehost do everything they can to force us to buy one but having over 30 ZenCarts this would add to our costs considerably each year.

They tried putting one of our ZenCarts onto a VPS where we were entitled to a free certificate but we found while we could access the storefront the link to the admin area no longer worked so had to revert back to a shared system.
    There are ways to allow ZC 1.5.4 to function and operate using PHP versions as low as 5.2.17, but upon the earliest opportunity, the version should be upgraded. Ideally, perhaps it all could be done using 5.3.x. Suggest beginning the upgrade relatively soon for all of those sites because word on the street is that the server push to remove versions such as 5.2.17 is coming...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I am trying to upgrade 1.5.1 to 1.5.4 and think I am having the same problem.

I have my updated files in place and want to run zc_install to upgrade the database. However no luck - I can't connect to the database.

Can someone post some steps to get me around this?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by royaldave View Post

I have my updated files in place and want to run zc_install to upgrade the database. However no luck - I can't connect to the database.

Hmm.. it occurs to me I have never had this problem when updating in my WAMP test area which uses php 5.5.

My live host has 5.4 - but I can choose to use 5.5 - is this likely to solve it ?

Plugin Contributions

Hmm.. it occurs to me I have never had this problem when updating in my WAMP test area which uses php 5.5.

My live host has 5.4 - but I can choose to use 5.5 - is this likely to solve it ?
    When you say can't connect to the database what do you mean? The incorrect password or not accepting it is not the same thing as incorrect database credentials or the inability to reach the database. If the later, then the php version should not directly affect the issue. Further it would help to identify which subversion of each php is applicable to the system presenting this issue.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    When you say can't connect to the database what do you mean? The incorrect password or not accepting it is not the same thing as incorrect database credentials or the inability to reach the database. If the later, then the php version should not directly affect the issue. Further it would help to identify which subversion of each php is applicable to the system presenting this issue.
    OK, not really sure where its falling done.

I know my configure.php must be setup correctly because using my new code I can visit the website and I am getting the warning about needing to patch to a higher level.

When I run zc_install to update the database I get 'Connection to Database failed'.

I thought it might be the admin password issue - but if I deliberately enter the wrong password I also get 'Admin Password required to proceed with upgrade'.

I have tried changing my php to 5.5 and its made no difference.

Plugin Contributions

more info - different problem ?

I tried changing STRICT_ERROR_REPORTING to TRUE to see if I could get more info ... but when I click ''Database Upgrade" from the PREREQUISITES page (ie before I even get to enter the password) I get this -

Warning: curl_setopt_array() [function.curl-setopt-array]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set in /xxx/zc_install/includes/modules/pages/inspect/header_php.php on line 560

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /xxx/zc_install/includes/modules/pages/inspect/header_php.php:560) in /xxx/zc_install/includes/modules/pages/inspect/header_php.php on line 535

Is this related to the problem? Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by irishshopper View Post
    The work around is to alter the .htaccess file and add in a php.ini file.
    By chance can you direct me to where I can find out more about what changes to .htaccess and php.ini file would be needed? Am having similar issue with 1.39h. When I upgrade PHP through cPanel from PHP 5.2 to PHP 5.3 to prepare for upgrade to 1.54, it PHP 5.3 breaks my 1.39h admin login. I get 'There was a security error when trying to login' error logging into Admin'. However if I toggle server back to PHP 5.2, I can login fine. Am needing to get 1.39h admin login issue corrected under PHP 5.3 so test install/upgrade preparation of 1.54 can continue. Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone figured out this error: Admin Password required to proceed with upgrade more info... when upgrading from 1.5.3 to 1.5.4?
    I did this https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....05#post1266905

and get the same error.
    The rest of the things you are talking about, I do not understand.
    I was working of the 1.5.3 hot fix to 1.5.4

Desperately need this problem fixed - Please help!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast