Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default AIM Authorize.net module suddenly quit working due to SSL communications error?

Godaddy Hosting and SSL's purchased through GoDaddy. This is happening on 2 different hosting accounts that are on separate servers. 2 different websites are affected, each with it's own SSL; so I don't believe it's anything I have done to the websites.

Problem:: When customer gets to checkout page and submits order, they get the following messages.

"WARNING: Security hash problem. Please contact store-owner immediately. Your order has *not* been fully authorized."
    .. and
    "Communications Error - Please notify webmaster. - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct the information and try again or contact us for further assistance."

NOTE: When I take the MD5 Hash number out of the module (leave field blank), the top message goes away (about the Security hash problem), but the bottom error still shows up (Communications Error - Please notif.........)

My Debug email says.....
    "Comm results: 35 SSL connect error
    Response Code: .
    Response Text:

Sending to Authorizenet: Array
    (
    [x_login] => *******
    [x_tran_key] => *******
    [x_relay_response] => FALSE
    [x_delim_data] => TRUE" .... etc. etc. etc.. with a bunch more lines...

.....and then at the bottom of the debug email it says

"Results Received back from Authorizenet: Array
    (
    [0] => Response from gateway
    [1] =>
    [Expected-MD5-Hash] => 8***************F
    [HashMatchStatus] => FAIL
    )

CURL communication info: Array
    (
    [url] => https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll
    [content_type] =>
    [http_code] => 0
    [header_size] => 0
    [request_size] => 0
    [filetime] => -1
    [ssl_verify_result] => 0
    [redirect_count] => 0
    [total_time] => 0
    [namelookup_time] => 0.001383
    [connect_time] => 0.033325
    [pretransfer_time] => 0
    [size_upload] => 0
    [size_download] => 0
    [speed_download] => 0
    [speed_upload] => 0
    [download_content_length] => -1
    [upload_content_length] => -1
    [starttransfer_time] => 0
    [redirect_time] => 0
    [certinfo] => Array
    (
    )

[redirect_url] =>
    )

RAW data received: "

my configure.php files (admin/includes and includes/) are directing HTTPS_SERVERS to "https://my-site.com" (no WWW), which matches my certificates, and when I use the built-in Authorize.net SIM modules, the credit card processing works (with same Login ID, Transaction Key, and MD5 Hash). configure.php's set to 'true'. Everything was working, and at some point stopped. I changed the configure.php's to "https://WWW.my-site.com", but didn't fix it, so I put back the way it was.

I removed and re-installed the A.net module, re-typed all numbers, etc. but still not working. Any ideas? THANKS! :)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: AIM Authorize.net module suddenly quit working due to SSL communications error?

1. October SSL announcement: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...yment-security

2. If you wish to be notified anytime more announcements are posted, simply subscribe here: http://www.zen-cart.com/subscription...bscription&f=2

3. While you're there, take a look at other latest announcements, including the latest version of Zen Cart: http://www.zen-cart.com/forumdisplay...-Announcements

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: AIM Authorize.net module suddenly quit working due to SSL communications error?

Thanks Dr. Byte. It seems like an upgrade is the best option for me. I'll read up on it and see if I think I am capable of doing that without destroying my sites.

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte (or anyone reading this that may be able to help), I commented-out all of those lines and I am still having the same problem. Since that didn't fix my problem, will the upgrade fix my problem? I know that I need to upgrade anyway, but not going to have time for several weeks, or longer. Any other ideas of what the problem might be? Thanks!!!

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart 1.5.4 includes (among other things) an update to the Authorize.net AIM module: Hash x_currency_code. I would recommend updating the HASH in your Authorize.NET account and the payment module after applying the update.

Still does not explain the SSL error message, but should hopefully address the HASH error.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, I'll generate new HASH when I update ZenCart. Do you have any advice as to what I should do to try and get this working until I have time to upgrade? For example, can I put that update in the AIM module without updating my entire ZenCart, or should I? I'm trying to find a way to get my AIM processing back up and running quick. Thanks!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You should be able to use the authnet module from v1.5.4 on v1.5.1 without problem.

/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_aim.php
    /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/authorizenet_aim.php

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Dr. Byte and lhungil, I'll give it a shot. Take Care and Happy New Year 2015!

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte, replacing those 2 authorizenet_aim.php files fixed my problem. Now, Authorize.net AIM is working perfect. It fixed all 4 sites. Thank you very much. I will upgrade to 1.54 as soon as I get the chance. Once again, Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Plugin Contributions

I think I may try this too. I have a client with sporadic "communications error" messages that I've been looking at for months. I've done all the other Poodle-related edits and commenting out to no avail. I also had the hosting company completely re-do the SSL certificate in case that was the problem. Still the sporadic problem keeps recurring. I never seem to be able to see why the transactions go through sometimes and sometimes not.

I'm working on upgrading them from 1.5.1 to v. 1.5.4 but I'm still doing the testing. So perhaps I'll try swapping in the 1.5.4 versions of these files in the meantime to see if that solves it like it did for Johnnycopilot.
    Ellie Armsby

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast